Starfleet/Klingon Strike Group

Full Version: using UPPERCASE S in chat opens Arc streaming client page...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
... with the word beta in it.

Currently the PWE/Cryptic Developers give us a bad time with the Arc client. PuppetX quickly located the crook yesterday: When we try to type an uppercase letter S, the game  Angry is overload by a new Arc "feature". Help

Peace To be able to use SSG in chat again, just start STO via startrek.exe, do not login using the Arc thingie. Peace
Why anyone would use ARC at all is beyond me. lol
Probably because they don't know any better...like myself.  Thankfully I have a good fleet to teach me the error of my ways.
I use Arc for convenience - starting the game with 4 mouse-clicks rather than always entering my password. As Arc Defender requires a one-time PIN on certain events, e.g. if the computer changes, I feel secure anyway.

I changed the obnoxious Ctrl-S activation to Alt-S in the streaming page and the baby is fine again.

The desktop shortcut to startrek.exe gets used when I run my 2nd STO account or when the Arc Servers are down but Star Trek Online itself is up.