Starfleet/Klingon Strike Group

Full Version: U.S.S. Negev - Torpedo Edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many thanks to Ed and GTO for running all of the Tau Dewa patrols with me last night!

Here is my T5U Vesta torpedo boat in all her glory. She focuses on shield-penetrating exotic damage, shield drains, and kinetic damage. When fighting the Tzenkethi, her Gravity Well can be replaced with Tractor Beam Repulsors and/or Photonic Shockwave. Unlike energy weapons, torpedoes do not lose potency over distance, so pushing targets out of the way has no effect on her combat performance.

Two-Piece sets and bonuses:
  • Dyson Reputation (Torpedo + Proton Weapon) = +22.9% Photon Projectile Weapon Damage,+3% Critical Chance, Enables usage of Beam Array: Fire at Will with the Experimental Proton Weapon
  • Delta Reputation (Torpedo + console) = +20% Cooldown Reduction to Neutronic Torpedo, +13.8% Radiation Damage
  • Terran Reputation (Torpedo + console) = +13.3% Projectile Weapon Damage. Also, both items are independently awesome.
  • Quantum Phase (Torpedo + beam) = Doubles potency of Quantum Phase Weapons shield drain
  • Adapted MACO (impulse engines + shield) = +25% Torpedo Damage ,+8.9 Auxiliary Power Setting Regenerate, 3.5% of Maximum Hull every 6 seconds
The Obelisk warp core allows her auxiliary power to reach 135, to apply the greatest auxiliary power amplification of her exotic damage capabilities.

I'm considering upgrading her to the T6 "Palatine" chassis, in order to slot additional science abilities.
This ship just earned 3rd place in a very fast Crystalline Catastrophe (Advanced) map.

And by "very fast", I mean my lag was bad enough that I only fired one Quantum Phase torpedo, and possibly got a grav well, phaser lance, DRB, and Subspace Vortex off.... and a Torpedo Spread 3 -volley of Neutronic Torpedoes.

So, yeah: even with lag, this ship packs a nasty punch against unshielded targets.