Starfleet/Klingon Strike Group

Full Version: I.K.S. HAMLET (Ed's D7 Temporal Battlecruiser)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
taH pagh tahHbe'!
[Image: ship-d7-hamlet.png]

The D7, in my opinion is one of the most iconic Klingon ships. When I first saw it in the movie, Klingons suddenly became cool!
If you are asked: That is what the 70s gave us - Cool Klingons!

The (partially thanks to my pilot spec) highly agile vessel with battle cloak and a great ship trait is all fun.
This is my build with 2 Engineers, aft Torpedo for set bonus.
I do not use the Ominous Device that comes with the ship any longer, but it helped survival until I got the consoles I prefered.
The vessel now is a hefty brawler.
[Image: scm-isa-d7-hamlet-dps-5-beams.png]

You actually want to use the Nausicaan Engery Torpedo, not just have it for the set bonus? Another pic first, as I can not resist the brutal beauty:
[Image: ship-d7-hamlet-02.png]

See the same ship in a build with 2 Tacticians, front Torpedo, it is as powerful as the all-beams front build.
For Captain Skills (not necessarily so), Traits and Specilization, see the 2 Engineers build that is linked above.
By the sound of a Nausicaan Torpedo Spread, the ship is even cooler Cool
[Image: scm-isa-d7-hamlet-dps-1-torp.png]
Luxury Problems
As member of the Cannon Family, in my beam boat the Heavy Bio Molecular Turret from Species 8472 Counter Command Reputation is the weakest weapon, DPS-wise. Says Combat log. I may keep it since I like it's speed reduction proc or the dual Kemocite flashes it apparently produces. Or I replace it...

Simply plug another Disruptor Beam Array?
As I buzz around in 8s and circles as a Mosquito with Raktajino High anyway and use Fire at Will to the max, I might not even notice its firing arc limits. Perhaps. I have it in the drawer anyway. The 2 Engineers/Aft Torp build is running very fine with a Kinetic Cutting Beam.

Resonce Set Synergy - 2 pieces?
I made a 3rd loadout where I replaced the turret by the Resonating Transphasic Torpedo from the Blood of the Ancients mission:
The front beam array's (and the torpedo's) proc create a shield damaging buff for energy weapons, the ship gets extra Weapon Power and in movie the D7 has an aft torpedo too! The sound of spreading that Torpedo is also spectacular.

The ISA metering shows that ISA runs are very unreliable for metering.
OK. When doing random groups. But I like to do these to see the survival-vs.-dps balance of my ships.
[Image: scm-isa-d7-hamlet-dps-2-torps.png]
[Image: scm-isa-d7-hamlet-dps-2-torps-02.png]
[Image: scm-isa-d7-hamlet-dps-2-torps-03.png]

Terran Resistance Reputation Set - 2 pieces?
The set bonus just for Projectile damage... nah! The Torpedo goes as Berserk as the Beam Array... hm. Not for now.

Resonance Set Synergy - 3 pieces?
DPS-wise yes, replace the Sustained Radiant Field console by the BotA mission console. Survival-wise no: The Sustained Radiant Field console buffers my Offensive Configuration hull healing deficiency, and helps my shield healing too. For now I won't use it, but I will collect the console just for the case I might want it in the future.

Undine Set Synergy - 2 pieces?
Coolness-wise yes, replace the Sustained Radiant Field console by the Hydrodynamics console. Survival-wise probably no.
Alternate Bridge Officer set-ups

2 Engineers
If I did not have access to the Endothermic Inhibitor from the Winter Event Reputation shop with that character I would have picked Directed Energy Modulation. Another option is to move Reverse Shield Polarity to that Officer and use Channeled Deconstruction at the Cdr BOff.
An interesting alternative to Structural Analysis at the Science LTCdr slot is Energy Siphon. If I did not want to try new shiney stuff, I would have picked that, and I would look how to squeeze the Breen Chel Boalg ship trait into my tray.

2 Tacticians
At the moment of writing, taking chances a bit, the Intel Ensign abililty Evade Target Lock can be replaced by Override Subsystem Safeties and the Iconian Resistance space equipment reduces the 6 sec subsystem failure to 1 second. During tests of the coming New Space Balance on Tribble the Developers have hamstrung that for a while - if that change makes it to Holodeck, that ability would mean regular check-ins to the shipyard for this ship/build.
For the PVE/PVP mix in the Competitive PVE queues, Viral Impulse Burst may be cool.

You want 2 Scientists?
Set up the ship as for the 2 Engineers, set up the Engineer Commader as for the 2 Tacticians build, employ the 2nd Scientist, and start experimenting. For now I am busy enough digging into the 2-3 setups I already have Wink