Starfleet/Klingon Strike Group

Full Version: News from Star Trek Con!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hihi!

If you're wondering where I was last weekend, when I should have been online and upgrading my ship, I was, instead, chatting up the Cryptic devs at the Las Vegas Star Trek convention.

While they wouldn't reveal any secrets, we did learn that the next big arc involves resolving the Kentari and Lukari arcs and focuses on DS9. And the Dominion. When directly asked about playable Dominion captains, Steven Ricossa wouldn't say yes or no - but he did smile. Keep your fingers crossed.

New bridge interiors / ship interiors were being discussed and I have some of the plans they were handing out, so I'm hoping we'll see more playable ship interiors, like back in the 'good old days'.

I did chat up our fleet, reminding them they didn't know us because we didn't 'bitch and moan' like some of the other well-known fleets - but that we were pretty well-established, with Fed and KDF tier 5 starbases, almost full armadas, and a strong social presence (like Mom traveling around the world to slowly meet each and everyone of you... be prepared, you may be next!), creating videos and music vids, and doing the odd thing like knitting the WW sweaters (which blew them away, IMHO. Or they were polite, even as they were thinking, "This woman has too much spare time!"). It was gratifying to have one person say, "You're Strike Group??? I see you guys everywhere!"

So thanks to you all for making our fleet so awesome. And....

What do you think about a group meet up at next year's convention? I know not everyone could be there, but it would be awesome and fun.

And it's Vegas, baby!

Mom