Starfleet/Klingon Strike Group

Full Version: U.S.S. Diligent (Fleet Avenger)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kilo.enjin

Here's my current favourite ship build, I'd love some feedback/constructive criticism so see what you think, I'm no expert but it works for me, if you have any suggestions on how to make it better please let me know, I'm all ears and am always looking to improve:

U.S.S. Diligent

I'd love to see a few others up here like ver's Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer (What makes the Puny God tick?), Cy's Chimera, Amelia's Atrox and Math's Tholian Ship!

(I only use STO Academy's ship builder coz it's so easy and my chrome doesn't like the gateway for some reason!)
I would use this device: Subspace Field Modulator(Device)

I would also consider going for the Crith & Critc % consoles. If you look at my build, it should improve your damage. The sacrafice is you have less dmg reduction, but you should be playing in a group and have others to take the dmg for you. Keep them on the side so if you get in a sitcky situation you can get them back on for the run.
On your boat, I would change up the Boff abilities. Minet capitalizes on measuring the cooldowns on torp and cannon abilities so when one is cooling, I can use the other, it's a focused target build with the cannons, however, spread is there on the torp for multiple targets.

I would ditch the tact team on your tact ensign and make it a high yield 1, then change your Universal Lt to Engineering, put Engineering team I and the Aux to structural there, on your Cmdr Eng replace the Structural to Eng team II.

That gives you multiple torpedo options with the cooldowns and provides the hull heals you don't have a lot of which as a tactical career you don't have the miracle worker. You will be able to last longer and still do the same DMG or more based on the torp boff switches.

Kilo.enjin

Thanks for the advice guys, was gonna swap out the tac consoles for the crit chance ones from the spire but they weren't available last time I checked so was waiting and will use the subspace field modulator instead of the hardpoints, cheers Smile will do the Boff changes though as found the tac team I was never getting used, what would you rate as an alternative to the aceton beam III (if any), was thinking eject plasma but am not sure?
aceton beam has its use! Plasma does too, but you really should be a fast moving ship, preferably with phasers or protonic weaponry because you shut down their movement systems, and leave them sitting in plasma.
Smile