Starfleet/Klingon Strike Group

Full Version: Sylak-Bertha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm going to build a very similar plasma ship like this!

Do tell us your stories with it. Good, bad, and any ugly?
This build is very new as I never actually used the regular Galaxy X with the engineer as it turned like it had a fifty ton weight on the ass. I was using the Breen Cruiser prior which work well and subdued my DPS fixation of needing to kill things to be productive. I don't think I have died in this ship yet actually, I did think this out a little more than other characters for weapons and equipment and such. I did Rom rep first to be able to run Omega Elites so the weapons are a remnant of that as I do have the set stored on another ship for shields and such.

The Rom Torpedo in front is what I usually use as it just keeps throwing them out and the DPS is lovely. I switch that and the Omega between fore and aft sometimes because of the set bonus.

Speaking of the set bonus, I get the 3/3 Omega Mask Energy Signature based on the Deflector/Engine/Shield, Plasma Hyperflux Romulan ability on the Experimental Beam array/Zero Point Console/Romulan Torpedo, Borg wise I get Reactive Deflection from the Cutting Beam/Torp/Console. 2/3 for using the Dyson Warp Core and Antiproton 360 beam for Focused Antiproton beam emitters.

I hate RCS Consoles, however the fleet one gives the hull+ increase and this is heavy to turn, kinda works out. I can still fit in my required shield power setting console to increase shield power, still have the cloak and saucer separation I had already on different ships without antimatter spread which I am okay without as I have 2 of 3, no need to buy anything for that.

Science consoles I have the Cap increase and Regen as I don't have the DPS so I need to live longer.

Tactical takes the hit though that limits my DPS as I need to have Omega and Romulan consoles here to get the set needs. I would do more DPS without them by placing two more tact XII Fleet there, but so far it doesn't hurt too much.

Why did I choose this ship? Fleet ships have the additional console slot. I am seeing a focus on DPS and exotic damage so much that the Engineering Tank role isn't being used the way it can with random teaming. This ship can hit hard, survive, and heal hulls, mine or yours, both. That's my story.