Starfleet/Klingon Strike Group

Full Version: Ha'feh Assault Warbird - Rakal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
R.R.W. Jaridix

Main points:

Neglected the ship until recently I have started to upgrade to mostly fleet/rep gear. Have LOTS of skill points still to apply, advice in this area in particular would be great as I dont want to waste zen respeccing

Am shortly getting the Scimitar pack, so this will be a secondary ship but would still like to optimize it as I like its mobility in combat.

The Romulan torp is a recent addition and I moved the Omega torp to the back. Not sure If I may be better with a fleet torp on front as the 2 torp spread 3 I have on my boffs was very effective with other torps but is wasted with the Romulan
I didn't know what I would find, was scared...but you are pretty much on the right track with some tweaks and not an overhaul.

Normally I go with all beam or all cannons and turrets, just personal preference, I don't mix the two on a high lvl ship.
Your weapons are fine, consoles except maybe the green XI generator and blue infuser to upgrade.

1.) You need a better warp core and a set for the engines, defl, shields which I think will help you greatly with living.

2.) BOFF setup can be configured differently to capitalize on cooldown timers.

A.) LTC Tactical, you can replace Spread 3 with rapid fire 2 and have less of a cooldown and rotate in between 3 and 2 to be firing more shots than not.

B.) The Ensign Eng, train him on Engineering team I so you can switch between the two hull heals in between coolddown.

C.) Sci, Ditch the tractor and do Hazard 2 or trans shield or a variation as you have no shield heals.

That should help you live longer, the gear you need for the Scim anyway, but you should look at diff BOFF options when you get it.

Good luck champ
Device: Subspace Field Modulator
Tactical: Update the plasma console
Engineering: consider dumping the engineering survivability consoles in favor of any of the better fleet ones for dmg, or crit bonus.
Weapons: Consider no torp in front, and perhaps lose the kinetic mine?