Starfleet/Klingon Strike Group

Full Version: U.S.S. PALADIN (Ed's Tactical Star Cruiser - An Engineer's Hull Tank)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ship-uss-paladin.png]
Class - Endeavor   Skin - Sojourner/Oddyssey

I built the USS PALADIN when I saw TiberiusJP streaming his Scott class Miracle Worker ship (original Video, German). A slightly different BO seating and a console less did not hurt the design - the ship is a hull tank that treats shields mostly as optional. It's all about Hull, Resistance, Evasion, Heal and Threat generation.

You find the STO Academy build here: Click Me.

The ship does not much damage - shy to 20K dps, but easily collects 50%-80% incoming attacks in ISA. In the Traits you find some damage enhancers just for Threat generation. I might replace Point Blank Shot by Ablative Shell or Expedient Repairs (when bugfixed) after Weapon upgrades.

The Skill setup ignores Science completely. "Right Shield failed. Forward Shield failed. Left Shield failed. Aft Shield failed" is almost The Anthem of this vessel.
Energy Settings are uncommon, too: 100 to Weapons, 15 to Shields, 15 to Engines and 70 to Auxilliary.

In the Spam Trays you find abilities used as CDs in other builds. The USS PALADIN spams these für resistance and other synergy effects. There is no Attack pattern in use as I generate considerably more Threat by a duplicate Fire-at-Will and a difference in dps was not measurable.
[Image: trays-uss-paladin.png]
Currently I learn not to use the heal ablilities in the dedicated thrays when not needed. 

Polarize Hull is not part of the original build - as TiberiusJP on his Scott build has just Hazard Emitters-1. I use it as Clicky/CD for mobility when under Tractor Beam attack - the damage from those beams is quite neglible. In full battle this beast raises it's resistance values to up to and beyond 82% and occasionally sports a Hit-By rate below 36%.

During the next Upgrade WeekEnd I will care for gold plating weapons - at the moment of writing, the U.S.S. PALADIN  is a bit of killing foes by boredom Dizzy
Nice build, Ed! Looking forward to trying something similar for myself!
Today I got the final specilization points, now running completely Miracle Worker/Strategist. I updated the tray picture accordingly, and made a video of my first "maiden voyage", tanking Mirror Invasion Advanced:

When the STF started, I told the Pick-Up Group what I was going to do - team was playing nice, I was tanking happily, and we had a nice chat at the end:
[Image: cheers-uss-paladin.png]

I love this very different feeling of battles Wink
Everybody uses ISA for numbers, so I did this, slightly overasking my PC for a moment:

I also made a picture to show off (click for readability) with Numberz No One Uses :

[Image: scm-isa-uss-paladin.png]