Starfleet/Klingon Strike Group

Full Version: Project: Fleet Odyssey start up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a cloudy Sunday Morning and a Engineering fleet mate with an Aegis Set asks for help on his brand new fleet Odyssey.

Mission objective is a tanky puncher, reputation is in the beginning.

This is my suggested set up to get started: The Odd Oddyssey
I think I'd use a crafted omni on the rear and the ancient omni too since its doing anti proton
Then with 3 omnis on the rear, the RCS isnt as crucial, perhaps the ZPM (rommy).

Thoughts?
According it's tool tip the omnidirectional beam bank apperently does as much damage as the usual beam array - it just doesn't have the nice Crit mods people are looking for. Though not the cheapest in making 3 full flegded extra beams forward look ... interesting.
It's a whale of a cruiser. With 8 weapon slots and a weak base turn-rate, its power is in broadsides, not in head-on maneuvers. That, combined with omni-beams' lack of CrtD mods makes regular beams better than omnis.

Here's an odd question: Do you generate enough aggro to justify the super healing powers of the Kobali set? I'll go out on a limb and say this ship might not die, but it has potential to do more damage.

My main suggestion would be to replace "Beam: Target Shields I" with another FAW, and to use a couple Conn Officer DOFFs to reduce the cooldown for Tac Team.
This was made as a point to get started from for fleet mate Anomial...So it's time for...

Hi Ano, here are some smart and nice people who can help you better than I can - join the forum chat Big Grin
One other thing I just realized: This looks like a Zemok build, because it uses AP:Beta and AP:Omega. Zemok is an expensive DOFF who brings your APO cooldown down to a less-unreasonable interval, and if Anomial doesn't want to spend that much EC, then you should replace AP:Omega with another AP:Beta.

This recommendation was posted by @sarcasmdetector in the STO forum Shipyard thread for @sarcasmdetector's USS Gawain (Science Odyssey), when I was researching my Odyssey build.