Starfleet/Klingon Strike Group

Full Version: Project: Mom's Astika
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a Romulan-Patriotic, Reputation-Heavy, Dillithium-Heavy Build

I combined tanky engines with mostly offensive consoles (those I know best) for a re-iteration of the infamous Aux-To-Bat & 3 DOffs (all Ten of Ten/Tuziar clones) build. Alternatives to the Delta Engine Set: Kobali (Dust-to-Dust, quickly farmable, more tanky healy, less fun) or some mix from the Omega Force.

Spending Credits: CtrD x3 / x4 Plasma Arrays

Keybinding for <SPACEBAR> bells & whistles

space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll$$+trayExecBytray 9 0$$+trayexecbytray 9 1$$+trayexecbytray 9 2$$+trayexecbytray 9 3$$+trayexecbytray 9 4$$+trayexecbytray 9 5$$+trayexecbytray 9 6$$+trayexecbytray 9 7$$+trayexecbytray 9 8$$+trayexecbytray 9 9$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields$$+trayexecbytray 9 9$$+trayExecBytray 9 8$$+trayexecbytray 9 7$$+trayexecbytray 9 6$$+trayexecbytray 9 5$$+trayexecbytray 9 4$$+trayexecbytray 9 3$$+trayexecbytray 9 2$$+trayexecbytray 9 1$$+trayexecbytray 9 0"

How to make it work:
A shameless copy & paste from Kethend's great initial posting in Usefull Keybinds:
I save the above in a notepad with the file name of spacebar.txt and place in C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live folder

to make it work go to system space and put /bind_load_file spacebar.txt in your chat line and hit enter.

What it does:
Whenever you hit the space bar, it fires all weapons, activates the first available power in your action tray 10 and redistributes shields when all actions are on CD. The sequence is version 2.0 of what I used earlier. thx to x48rph and noybman for discussing this in Usefull Keybinds.

Powers in Action Tray 10:
  1. Emergency Power to Weapons
  2. Emergency Power to Shields
  3. BW Fire at Will
  4. BW Target Shields
  5. Attack Pattern Beta
  6. Attack Pattern Omega
  7. Tactic Team
  8. 1st Auxilliary Power to Batteries
  9. 2nd Auxilliary Power to Batteries
The Scrooge Device can be your friend!

The Evil Replicator I speek of: greedy when selling, miserly when buying, and the monopoly seller of fleet provisions eating puppies and fleet credits it is.

You never scroll down more than desperately needed when confronted with it's eye-watering sales prices.

But you should do. If you reached DOff Tier 4 in Engineering.
Discover that it sells green (Tier 2), blue (Tier 3) and purple emergency holograms! See the purple photonic Damage Controll Engineer that is exactly what a Drake Build asks for. 1 Million EC it asks, a bargain compared to the 7 to 10+ Millions asked at the Exchange. Also see the blue one.

Uttered in a nighted state of mind while waiting a six hour maintenance to find a happy end.
Great advice - as was the suggestion about purchasing the Vandal using Zen (for the plasmonic leech) versus paying the 30 million +!!! EC prices!

And an update on the project: slowly but surely putting the ship together!

Mom
At Engineering 4 a visit to Staas to get Tayaka may also help: 12000 Dilithium or free (Fed seems to have Tuziar instead, an Aux2Bat Technician)
Rereading I see have botched when talking of cool DOffs for a drake build (no aux2bat involved, so you can fiddle with the engineer BOff abilities), while suggesting an aux2bat first place - where you need the technicians (e.g from the B'Tran colony support).

banging my head on desk...

However, the plasmonic leech is a fine thing, just avoid the also draining resilient maco shield - these two kill each other's stacks. phew..
I made an even more Romulan blueprint that should give a pretty cool ship. That's my problem. I love tinkering undefined
This is my U.S.S. BARACUDA

I love the Drake Build with 2 Krenim in the Engineering Department: If the DOffs to their work, EPtS and EPtW are like contineously active. A failure of the DOffs means, one of the powers is not available for ~3 seconds or so.

The Spam Tray (I re-sorted the original post, btw) is as follows:
[Image: baracuda-spam-tray.png]
I love my Astika, except she gets killed WAY too fast in most fights. Firepower seems decent, but something's not working.

Look here: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=momsastika_0

... and let me know your thoughts.

I hate the idea that I spent all the lobi and yet have a tank that isn't tankie.
Polaric Modulator OUT, Sustained Radiance Field (Iconian Rep) IN. Since I got my nose pushed on that console, I mostly fly w/o resistance consoles.

I assume you have all DOff accolades at 4: get 2 purple damage control engineers, one from Lt. Staaz, one from the replicator and a blue one, also from the Replicator, and go for a drake build. A Warp Core Engineer for even more energy does not hurt, I will mail 1 or 2 Engineering Team DOffs from my roster for trying...

Lt. Engineering/Command: EPtS-1, Overwhelm Emitters-2
Cdr Engineering: ET-1, Aux2SIF-1, EPtW-3, RSP-3

Lt. Sience: Polarize Hull-1, Hazard Emitters-2

EPtW-3, EPtS-1, Aux2SIF, Overwhelm Emitters-2 go to your spam tray. I value the shield hardening and the resistance increase higher than "saving heals for emergencies".

Have Reverse Shield Polarity, Large Shield Batteries, and Nimbus Pirats for Shield heals, plus Undine Bubble (listed by priority)
Have Hazard Emitters, Engineering Team and Reactive Armor Catalysts for Hull heals, plus Iconian Rep sensor jam, Romulan Rep Quantum Cloak and Subspace doodad (listed by priority).
I'd also swap out the thoron quantum torp by moving your rom rep torp to rear and get the particle emission plasma torp in front.