Starfleet/Klingon Strike Group

Full Version: How do you use training manuals?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Maxwell.enjin

Ok, so I'm looking at my bridge crew and well, their skills suck.

So I figured, I'd upgrade one. I started with my engineer - He has a level I skill Engineering Team I

So I purchased a training manual, Engineering Team II (green) and Engineering Team III (blue). But for the life of me, I can't train the bridge officer the new skill. It doesn't show up in their skill abilities, hell, I even promoted one person just to see if that would do it, but no.

So my question, is, how in the hell do you train your bridge officer with purchased training manuals? HELP!
Have the manual(s) in your inventory*

Open the status Window (U)
Select the Officer you want to train.
Select the Skills tab.
You see the space and gound skills of your Officer. Below that is a list of Skills that are availble for the selected rank slot: Skill w/o a button are already known - these can be ativated. Grey buttons mean that it could be learnt but you do not have a manual for that skill in your pocket. A blue button says it can be learnt.

I did so for Elise Flores, having a Fire-At-Will-1 manual:

[Image: boff-training-101.png]

Select the slot where you want to get a new skill, find it in the skill list, and let her learn.

* You have them, others new to this first should see to purchase manuals from the former trainer:

[Image: boff-training-102.png]