Starfleet/Klingon Strike Group

Full Version: Battle the Snakes for Iconian Data Cores and Ancient Power Cells
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get 2 Iconian Data Probes a day from two open missions in the Kobali Adventure Zone: “At the Gates” being part of “Breaking the Wall” and “The Last Stand” being part of “With Our Last Breath”.

Preparation for this is completion of the Kobali ground mission arc *.
This gives you a transport to the actual mission zone (you see me at the map heading outdoors). Using the Replay Mission Terminals at Kobali City (near General Q'Nel) marks your playground on the map (white=At the Gates , yellow=The Last Stand) and may help the open missions spawn.

Good equipment helps, 1 or 2 comrade players are invaluable.

[Image: maps-kobali-iconian-zone.png]

* before last week end I did this once. Last year. I never thought I would ever do this again for any purpose.

My first encounter with the Kobali Adventure at Delta Rising was frustating. On almost every mission I tried alone I was killed and respawned near the gates of Kobali City having to sneak somehow through masses of snake men of absurd respawn rate with high tech equipment back to the actual mission map. Again and again.

The only ground set I had at that time was the Jem Hadar set, my 2 Officers had blue stuff with some Mk XII Antiborg weapons.

4 more Characters got to level 60 w/o seeing more than the 1st missions at Kobali required advance in the main Delta mission Arc.

The Romulan Delta Tactics Recruit did the same. All Story Arcs completed, minus Kobali Ground.

Last week end I decided: TIME FOR REVENGE!

She is a Patriotic Republican Romulan sans repution sets but I tried to make her a Beast anyway: The ground set from Uneasy Allies, with Subspace Rift, Vaadwaur Polaron Bombardment, Plasma Grenade and Cascade in the Kit, Paradoxon Corrector, Big Shield Batteries, Big Hypo Sprays and Triolic Tribble equipped.

My Bridge Officers (A Science Android with Spy's Chaos Infliction added and a Tactics Jem Hadar that was tought range skills) got Armor and Shields from my R&D dept, made as very rare at Mk II, updated during leveling, and are equipped with Big Shield Batteries, Big Hypo Sprays and Triolic Tribble.
Weapons are all from R&D as well: I switch the complete group between Automatic Plasma Rifles (starting at Mk II and upgraded during leveling) and TR-116-B Sniper Phaser Rifles.
The TR-116-Bs are certainly a Because I Can! It is kind of nemesis to shield carriers while the Auto Rifles do good damage in general. A mix is not productive since the sniper rifles leave shields unharmed, always going directly for the man.

My Duty Officers group has The Doctor aka MHN I, 2 for additional Redshirts, 1 for Grenade CD
THanks for the info! Finding Iconian probes has been a pain for me!

Keth
Hope I re-translated the name of the Iconian Reputation 'elite' Marks correctly from my german client - the Iconian Technology pick-us for Delta Recruits come in story missions only.
The ground battle zones are a quick & easy source for the marks. Now, as many players are visiting them. Almost all time I see at least 2 other players doing the open missions - I actually started running them twice in the evening after work, also getting the ancient delta marks. Cool
April 2, I started my Delta Recruit Catriona - Romulan Tactician.

Today she completed her third long term mission and I declare her hereby my main  :-d
[Image: iconian-icons.png]

I overdid my snake hunts... but the extra data cores help now recovering from the Dilithium drain  8)

In a team with a mate, you can even do a double run for Delta and Iconian marks without waiting for a mission respawn: First you pick the Act III missions at the training/repeat console:
[Image: kobali-mission-console.png]
Your team does the run. After beaming back to Kobali City, your mate picks the missions. And you do again  8-)

As you see, everybody hates the Vaadwaur:
[Image: snake-killers.png]
I definitively did too much snake shooting... why did I buy a Warpcore for my Warbird?
As the daily missions now return BOTH: Probe Data Core AND Delta Ancient Power Cells, the runs become more fun  Cool

And I learned about AUTOFIRE ON GROUND!

That makes survival even in chaos much easier Peace