Starfleet/Klingon Strike Group

Full Version: Skill Tree Revamp - My Tactical Beam Boat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The DPS is gone forever.
                                Earth Space Dock Chat

I spent a day on Tribble with excursions back to Reality Holodeck to see how my current heaviest hitter ship will do when the new skill system is deployed. I started porting my skills.

[Image: revamp-catriona-title.png]

Porting by Numbers - The Big Skill Tree Picture

[Image: revamp-catriona-port.png]
The new plate has no labels, just tooltips. I added names (sometimes with a hint).

In the new system
  • some skills are like those we already know
  • other skills HAVE MANY HATS
  • some are entirely new
All treelets/chains got Numberz by row and column and the leafs are a,b & c. See Hull Restoration (Starship Hull Repair) and HULL PLATING (Starship Hull Plating & Starship Armor Reinforcements) as samples.
Points spent in Engineering, Science and Tactics unlock Bridge Officer Manuals and additional Skills (on each skill node pick one of two options) for that profession. E.g. with some points spent in Engineering you can pick either Starship Batteries or Starship Subsystem Repair at E2. Grab them all!
Finally I noted at each current skill which tree, leafs and/or unlock to pick if you want to have that skill after the change gets life.
I gave Catriona a light respec as she does not use torpedoes, not really. After reviving the old skills I had a bunch of skill points for new tricks and managed to unlock the entire Tactical options & manuals bar.

Bridge Officer Manuals

As on Skills, you pick one of two from the options offered. So, if you want to create training manuals for every skill, or want to have both manuals from a node in your library, you need two Captains caring for them.
Catriona did not see a Beam Weapons: Fire at Will-3 manual. Instead she got the ability to train Cannons: Rapid Fire 3 and Cannons: Scatter Volley 3. Huh?

Ship Values
Revamp Current
[Image: revamp-catriona-ship-stats-tribble.png]
Listing the skills picked by a tree system must be complicated. So they didn't.
[Image: revamp-catriona-ship-stats-holodeck.png]
[Image: revamp-catriona-ship-energy-tribble.png] [Image: revamp-catriona-ship-energy-holodeck.png]

DRAIN CONTROL drain is weaker...
... than 9 picks in the individual single old skill. Says the Plasmonic Leech. The "Special" leaf might have given some refund. If Catriona were a Science Captain.
Revamp Current
[Image: revamp-catriona-leech-tribble.png]
That should read 1.5 actually...
[Image: revamp-catriona-leech-holodeck.png]
But this little fellow learned a new trick:
[Image: revamp-catriona-zpm-tribble.png]
[Image: revamp-catriona-zpm-holodeck.png]

What about Clicketies and Pew-Pew?

There are so many and I am getting slightly impatient... so just some.
Revamp Current
[Image: revamp-catriona-apbeta3-tribble.png] [Image: revamp-catriona-apbeta3-holodeck.png]
[Image: revamp-catriona-aux2sif-tribble.png] [Image: revamp-catriona-aux2sif-holodeck.png]
[Image: revamp-catriona-bw1-tribble.png] [Image: revamp-catriona-bw1-holodeck.png]

The Grand Final: Test Battles
For testing what that ship does normal patrols are too easy. I waited for an Infected Conduit Advanced, but these seem not to be played often on Tribble. So I picked the Argala System Patrol, Elite

Current Holodeck: A Meeting with Elite Kazon
Combat Log Player Analysis:
[Image: revamp-catriona-argala-elite-holodeck.png]
more entertaining: click on the screen shot to see the movie...

Tribble: An Elite Hirogen Encounter
Combat Log Player Analysis:
[Image: revamp-catriona-argala-elite-tribble.png]
The Hirogen actually wanted to scratch my finish. Click on the screen shot to see them trying...

JOLAN TRU!
From what I read, FAW 3 is now somewhere under the science tree. I'm gonna remedy this by using my last 3 mining toons and just maxing out a profession on each of them.