Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"A Private Little War" redux
I've never used the Foundry before, and I think it would be really cool to implement this project. I'm looking for support, especially (but not exclusively) from people who've published original content in the Foundry already.

Summary: Starfleet is engaged in a border skirmish (mostly ground campaign) that could turn very ugly very quickly. However, with the colonization of New Romulus, and its obligations to the Alliance, Starfleet is stretched too thin to dedicate more than a token effort to contain the situation. The admiralty determined that the best approach would be to send Starfleet Special Operations Forces, who can rely heavily on indigenous resources instead of the fleet, and who have the autonomy to do whatever is necessary to maintain the Federation's security. The player's job is to support the forces already deployed on the ground, and to keep the violence from spreading off-world.

The player will need to use all of his/skills including guile and diplomacy as well as violence to successfully complete this mission.

Important Notes: This idea was inspired by the TOS episode "A Private Little War". I recommend that anyone looking to help with this project read and understand the five tasks of the US Army Special Forces Regiment:

Messages In This Thread
"A Private Little War" redux - by scissorlizard - 09-07-2015, 01:37 AM
RE: "A Private Little War" redux - by noybman - 09-07-2015, 01:41 AM
RE: "A Private Little War" redux - by noybman - 09-07-2015, 01:41 AM
RE: "A Private Little War" redux - by AlysVanya - 09-07-2015, 01:41 AM