Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sov's Pathfinder
Work in progress...

Currently using the Sol Defense Set until I decide on a rep set. Got the Kinetic Cutting Beam and Nukara Particle Converter in the works.

Accidently bought a Hull-Repairing Weapon Signature Nullifier by mistake, but will keep it until I replace it with another Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Nullifier. 

As per Ed's advice, I got an Elite Fleet Plasma-Integrated Warp Core [AMP] [ECap] [Eff] [SSS] [W->A]

So far, it seems to be a pretty solid build, though, don't know if I'm doing a lot of DPS, yet. Doesn't seem like it, but haven't decided if I'm going to upgrade stuff or not.

Gonna upgrade to a Fleet Pathfinder later in the month when I can get a module with my monthly stipend.
Well, the Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array, and maybe the ZPEC console would be helpful-- reduced power drain when firing, extra plasma damage from the 2pc set, and extra CrtH. At the very least, the ZPEC will serve you better than the Nukara console. Link for details.

Lose the Tachyon Beam, replace it with the Siphon, and replace your siphon with Destabalizing Resonance Beam II.

If you have the FCs, change your universal BOFF to a tactical SRO with TT1/FAW2, and give your Eng/Int BOFF your EPtW and EngTeam abilities.
Quote:If you have the FCs, change your universal BOFF to a tactical SRO with TT1/FAW2

Tried that already (this toon can't afford a rommie boff yet). Faw2/TT1 and Faw1/TT2 ended up recharging at the same rate, so it was pointless having duplicates. I'd rather have the intel abilities.

Quote:Lose the Tachyon Beam, replace it with the Siphon, and replace your siphon with Destabalizing Resonance Beam II.

That's my plan, but I don't have access to DSB yet. Haven't played the other Iconian missions on this toon and I'm not far enough in the story to get there.

Quote:Well, the Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array, and maybe the ZPEC console would be helpful-- reduced power drain when firing, extra plasma damage from the 2pc set, and extra CrtH. At the very least, the ZPEC will serve you better than the Nukara console.

I'm probably gonna try that, but I want the Nukara console anyway. The extra accuracy, Part-Gen and shield power will be handy until I find something to replace it with.

Not investing a ton into this toon, though. Just playing her for fun.
TacTeam. FAW.
Using these abilities triggers a 30sec cooldown on itself, and 15-20sec cooldown on its duplicates, allowing you to use them about twice as often than if you had one of each. What are you doing to reduce all cooldown times close to global that I'm not noticing? This isn't an Aux2Batt build. By the way, there's absolutely no reason to have TT#>1.

The "Accuracy" mod is bugged (click either link for details)-- The "accuracy overflow" mechanic doesn't work with FAW, so all you need to worry about is critting, and boosting your damage through other means. As for boosting PartGens, what is the price of an UR Conductive RCS Accelerator Mk XIV [+PartG] on the exchange these days?

One other thing: For a Science ship packing PartGens and GravWell... why no Particle-Emitting Plasma Torpedo, or Dual Beam Banks? What else do you use to exploit enemies caught in your Gravity Wells?
(10-06-2015, 02:46 PM)scissorlizard Wrote: TacTeam. FAW.
Using these abilities triggers a 30sec cooldown on itself, and 15-20sec cooldown on its duplicates, allowing you to use them about twice as often than if you had one of each. What are you doing to reduce all cooldown times close to global that I'm not noticing? This isn't an Aux2Batt build. By the way, there's absolutely no reason to have TT#>1.

The "Accuracy" mod is bugged (click either link for details)-- The "accuracy overflow" mechanic doesn't work with FAW, so all you need to worry about is critting, and boosting your damage through other means. As for boosting PartGens, what is the price of an UR Conductive RCS Accelerator Mk XIV [+PartG] on the exchange these days?

One other thing: For a Science ship packing PartGens and GravWell... why no Particle-Emitting Plasma Torpedo, or Dual Beam Banks? What else do you use to exploit enemies caught in your Gravity Wells?

I dunno why the recharge is so quick, but nonetheless, they recharged at the same rate.

Dunno the price for the RCS, but I'm not spending EC on this toon.

No DBB's cuz I'm using what I had available from another toon and I'm going full beam boat, no torps.

Like I said, I'm not investing in this toon, other than what I can get from fleet stores and reps and even then, I don't have much more than 2-3k FC on her right now. So, it's a very SLOW work in progress.
Can it be that your Reciprocity trait works realy well? 10% Reduction of Tactical and Intel Abilities when you get missed. The german tool tip is a big unspecific about how often that can happen but this would explain it Smile I looked into ISA record log - the Odyssey is no way the smallest ship in town and you get missed 29% of the time Big Grin

[Image: sig-001.png]
(10-08-2015, 09:29 PM)Edarta Wrote: Can it be that your Reciprocity trait works realy well? 10% Reduction of Tactical and Intel Abilities when you get missed. The german tool tip is a big unspecific about how often that can happen but this would explain it Smile I looked into ISA record log - the Odyssey is no way the smallest ship in town and you get missed 29% of the time Big Grin

Honestly couldn't tell you, but I tested those skills in and out of combat. Out of combat, 10 sec. diff between the two. In combat, 1-2 sec. diff. I'm beginning to wonder if my doff to recharge subsystem attacks is incorrectly boosting recharge to other tac skills.