Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Embassy Consoles > Spire Consoles at Mk XIV
I just stumbled across this in /r/STO, and it looks like a big deal for those who are choosing between tactical and science variants of similar ships.

Was the Guardian-class designed to support saucer separation? DAMNING evidence inside EXPOSING secret Cryptic cover-up Tongue by coolinwithcosta in sto

[–]Mastajdog 3 points 1 day ago 
Quote:3 TAC consoles is a little week in the T6 meta
Sorry for going almost entirely offtopic here, but:
Quote:3 TAC damage boosting consoles are a little week in the current meta
Let me explain, as briefly as I can.

Math; please skip if you don't like math
The subject of Universal consoles>tac consoles came up the other day. Currently, the best universal (outside of the leech) is the Bioneural, solely for it's 25% CrtD. If you're paying attention to build meta knows that the CrtD mod, which has 20% CrtD and a flat damage boost to that weapon can be less than 3% actual increase. Logic dictates that universal consoles (outside of the leech) are thus about that point or worse.
Tactical consoles aren't that fantastic either. There was a point when, at the very high end, your cat 1 looked like this:
  • MK XII VR weapon+4x MK XII VR Tac consoles+skillpoints+Dlyrene
That was a whopping 459.4%, which meant each tac console actually gave you 6.53%
Suddenly, things change, and your cat 1's look like this:
  • MK XIV Epic weapon+5x MK XIV Epic Tac consoles+skillpoints+Dlyrene+ship mastery+AMP+Iconian 3-set (reasonably 9, up to 15 stacks)+Iconian 4-set+Fleet skills boost
Suddenly we're at 823.7, and your tac console's raw damage boost is only 4.55% (observant readers will notice that this part alone is better than a universal).
And then we have 1.9% CrtH on them. Extrapolating from the weapon mod tables, since I'm lazy, is ~2%.
So, despite the upgrades to MK XIV and the CrtH, tac consoles have barely kept up with power creep, and in very high end teams haven't even kept up.
To figure out embassy consoles, I'm taking a look at the average of my last few runs in the Tulwar (I really like the threat generation 5+th consoles give off, so I've never swapped back) gave this breakdown:
  • 50,400 dps from weapons
  • 20100 dps from plasma explosions
  • 12,000 dps from other things (non-cheezed KLW, pets, tet cascade, etc)
It adds up to ~82.5k total.
  • Each embassy console is giving me ~4200 dps
  • Each tactical console would up weapon dps by ~6.5%, or ~3300
End mathing

The TL;DR is that on my ship, the console breakdown looks about like this for DPS:
  • Embassy consoles: +5%
  • Tactical consoles: +4%
  • Universal consoles: +2%
They suck. They all do.
There are only two consoles that actually make a noticeable difference on my ship. The one of them, our glorious lord and savior plasmonic leech, is well known. The other one is the Valdore console. My last run got this result out of SCM:
SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - Heal Out: 2,777,886 HPS: 15,536.00 (91.5% of Team) - Vel@jarvisandalfred
And I'm not saying that it's to blame or anything for that abominable healing number or anything, but it did do 13,479 hps that run.
So yeah. Damage boosting consoles are all in a sucky state right now. I wouldn't really worry about how many tac consoles a ship has right now.
[Image: 27442981.jpg]
Tactical consoles can't be that weak:
My first Antiproton build ISA test of the Andromeda (currently true beam boat) with the wrong type of Vulnerability Locators was 26K dps. I jumped to quite reliable 36K+ with 40K dps in reachable distance when I do realy good since I replaced the 3 Tetryon consoles by AP consoles.

[Image: sig-001.png]
Aaaaannnndd this thread is officially out of date, thanks to The Great Nerfening of Season 13.