Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Sets
Expect Confusion by too may Options!

AEGIS Set
Made by R&D and account bound. Gives significant survival support until you get a set from Reputation that suits you better. Contrary to the tool tips, the Aegis Set requires Character Level 50, so you can upgrade it to MX XIV to help survive the slow levelling in the 50s. A Fleet Plasma Integrated Warp Core with [AMP] and [W-A] (gets an additional [W-S] modifier if upgraded to epic) is a very good Core for your Energy house hold.

Sience: 56K Fleet Credits and fistful of Upgrades
Reputation takes a while and I wanted to run the cool stuff with my Gorn Lizard, Science Captain. Fleet Equipment can be so great, especially when upgraded to Mk XIV:
  • Elite Fleet Fermion Deflector Array [CtrlX]x2 [EPG] [SciCD] (Fleet Star Base)
  • Elite Fleet Efficient Combat Impulse Engines [Full] [Pow] [Turn]x2 (Fleet Star Base)
  • Elite Fleet Adaptive Resilient Shield Array [Adapt] [Cap]x2 [ResB] (Fleet Star Base)
  • Elite Fleet Reinforced Warp Core [A->S] [Amp] [SCap] [SEP] [SST] (Fleet Dilithium Mine)

Patchwork Build: 2*Nukara, 1*Delta
This was my favorite for a while. I liked it for the high survival factor in pick-up groups where I draw more aggro than I want.
  • Nukara Deflector
  • Nukara Impulse Drive
  • Delta-Unimatrix Shield Array
  • Fleet Spire Warp Core (Plasma Integrated)

Patchwork Build: Nukara, Romulan, Nukara
With Season 13, this combination got a good reputation among damage dealers. I flew this set for a long time during the Iconian Wars.
  • Nukara Deflector
  • Romulan Impulse Drive
  • Nukara Resilient Shield Array

Mission Build: Stormbound Set
With Season 13, this combination got a good reputation among science damage dealers. Upgrade to MK XIV at least, Extremely Rare recommended.
  • Quantum Phase Deflector
  • Quantum Phase Combat Impulse Drive
  • Quantum Phase Resilient Shield Array

Patchwork 121 Build: 1*Undine, 2* Adapted MACO, 1*Terran Special Forces Warp Core
This is Sovereign's favorite. A very good set, comparatively nice to farm, and, maybe with a fleet Warp Core, my favorite on torpedo builds.
  • Counter Command Deflector
  • Adapted MACO Impulse Drive
  • Adapated MACO Covariant Shield
  • Terran Task Force Quantum Adapted Warp Core
With the Particle Generator bonus on the very agressive Deflector, one of the healthiest shields in game and the friendly Energy Level bonuses from the drive department, DPS & Science Captains alike find this a useful combination.

Qapla'! Terran Special Forces
The Disruptor themed retaliating set bonuses work very nice with a Disruptor Weapon loadout. Also add the enraging TSF Disruptor Beam Bank (or Heavy Dual Cannon).

Iconian Resistance Set
On its basic rarity already one of the best performing full 4-piece sets. At Ultra-Rare, the Deflector gets a [SciCdr] modifier to reduce the cool downs of Science Bridge Officer Abilities by 10%.

Temporal Defence Initiative Set
In my opinion one of the best sets for Science captains. Synergizes well with a full scale Temporal Operative Specialization.

Patchwork 31D™ Build: 3* Iconian Resistance, 1*Dyson

The Dyson Regenerative Shield is something for tanks and DPS gamers with a survival shtick.

Patchwork 31E Build: 3* Iconian Resistance, 1*Terran Special Forces Warp Core
The Power growing Warp Core is for energy hungry DPS builds.

[Image: sig-001.png]
... updated main post ... IMO, you want
  • Patchwork 121
  • Patchwork 31D
  • or Temporal Defence Initatiative Set

Updated the main post. No more recommendations, every damn build has advantages in certain aspects Wink