Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please leave feedback about our new website. (enjin)
Please leave feedback about our new website.
I would love to see people make unique profiles, list their chars and their interests and perhaps get a little social! *smile*

For the website NovaScotius, I really like the new color scheme. I'm one that prefers dark, but not pitch black. Easy on the eyes. I unlike Inyori have *0* experience with enjin besides this game, so I have a lot to learn. But learning is fun.

Smile
I tried to post a thread in the Foundry Missions bit, but it wouldn't let me. The posting and preview buttons were unresponsive.
It's a little "getting used to" kind of stuff. Different format than enjin, but most php bulletin boards seem to function relatively the same (not too well versed in php compared to other languages; I'm just guessing Tongue)

Just a few quirks: Up where it has "Welcome back, (name)", the formatting is a tad off. Maybe the font can be resized or those particular containers can be sized up a bit (I realize this is so small in the grand scheme of things, but its the first thing I noticed)

[Image: gTSFGDq.jpg]

Also and this is all me --- I can't figure out how to change my user pic, lol. You'd think clicking on it in my account would change it, but noooooo.
EXCELLENT CATCH, I have found a number of minor issues with the "JAMPS Gamer Blue" them I imported. Clearly they put a lot of work into it and it seemed like a decent fit with enough of the core features/appearances of our Enjin site. I will update the header as you noted.

Puppetx, try again please, I think it has been resolved.
How do I change my picture on the left? I can't figure out how. o.o
(09-04-2015, 07:31 AM)noybman Wrote: EXCELLENT CATCH, I have found a number of minor issues with the "JAMPS Gamer Blue" them I imported. Clearly they put a lot of work into it and it seemed like a decent fit with enough of the core features/appearances of our Enjin site. I will update the header as you noted.

Puppetx, try again please, I think it has been resolved.

I dunno if my post got deleted or somethin, but the blue is kinda bright to me. It's hard on the eyes in contrast to all the black/gray.
The very pure blue... also gives my the blues a bit - especially links in posts - I liked to old enjin blue Smile

And the wysiwyg full editor white on black gives me the yikes when i try to pich a cool color for a posting that appears white on black Tongue

[Image: sig-001.png]
Excellent comments all! I will work these issues now, and I think I agree with every comment! Thank you for your candor. I will report back as I update things.
It's quite a surreal thing to reply to my own post two years on; about a new website no less! Big Grin

I think this new forum is absolutely fantastic; it's brilliant to see that there are no adverts cluttering up the screen (a necessary evil of when we set up the Enjin forum - That and you all had to put up with my distinct lack of forum-managing abilities!!).

Ver has done a rather spiffy job with this new forum, it looks very nice, and it's great that the older posts are being ported across so we don't lose content; something which I know is rather labour intensive!

Now it's just up to us to fill it with content Borg
Personally I love the blue and black, but I like the stark colors. It's soothing for me since I tend to read this in the evenings, when the room is darker.

Mom
So I have imported the color with some modifications that a number of people thumbed up. Let me know if they can be tweaked any better!

Also, the Login banner text size is more reasonable, the stylesheet needed to be reapplied. Also, it is not currently showing the user icon, which IMHO looks better with this default. Do you agree? I can tweak it more quite easily and add it back if better.

Lastly, the SCEditor (similar to a WYSIWG editor), is now matching the forum theme, so it should be more pleasing to the eye, and makes more sense when entering text. Please keep the ideas coming.
(09-05-2015, 09:09 PM)NovaScotius Wrote: It's quite a surreal thing to reply to my own post two years on; about a new website no less!
Indeed! And in the near future, all accounts registered will own their enjin content. Im just waiting a bit so I can do it in bulk.

On the content note - We have many new members with a plethora of skills, art, writing, builds, and some awesome excel/management abilities, quite a nice niche of what the fleet needs to grow grow grow
I figured out how to change my avatar --- my life is whole again.

Login banner looks good on my end, thanks!
That avatar is definitely NOT a cat Smile
I played making favorite icons. That happens when a programmer encouters a paint program. It was fun to make it.

[Image: favico.png]

[Image: ico11.png]

The pictures open a page that should also show them in the browser's tab.

Another 2 cents: we have that much exceptional posts - how about a daily random link "The curious Excomp reads today: {link}" to a daily, random thread from All Things STO, Gaming Group, Space/Ground focussed Gameplay and maybe Shipyard?

(09-12-2015, 03:56 PM)Edarta Wrote: how about a daily random link
Would this be a sidebar box above or below the latest posts, OR a Top bar above the forum navigator, where "messages" go?
A wish I have: can we get our shiny signatures without decoration?

Are you saying to exclude images from signatures?