Starfleet/Klingon Strike Group

Full Version: Simple Ed's new Gaming Mouse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Foreword

The servers are down for de-glitching, so I start telling tales.
I was a fan of "swissmade" Logitech gaming pads and mice. While my G13 key pad is in its 6th year (the model is in its 11th year), the G500 mice just survived warranty. Then it died. The right button contact started to fail, created unwanted double clicks, drag & drops failed. User reviews told the same about the G502 successor. Rather than coughing 60 stripes of dough for a designed-to-die mouse, I did a Vulcan Nixon and went to China. Got me a gaming mouse for 30 stripes.

The Mouse
My (seller varies) ET 11 Key Thunderbird wired gaming mouse:
[Image: gear-tb-gaming-mouse-01.png]
Sightly heavier than my G500 weight setup, the mouse comes with extra weight for athletical attitude. I want cables for everything except headset. The mouse interpretes my Z as Y and vice versa, (German QWERTZ keyboard treated like a US QWERTY keyboard). Being too lazy to look for a fix I just adapted.
There are gaming mice with much more keys. Overkill for my needs and too complicated to use for me.

Top View
[Image: gear-tb-gaming-mouse-02.png]
I repurposed (best word ever!) the middle button to hit my spam key* periodically while pressed. The red "fire" key became middle key.

Evolution gave us: Thumbs
[Image: gear-tb-gaming-mouse-03.png]
I use 3** of the 5 side buttons:
  • far/lower forward: Offense Buffs/Special Offense Powers key*
  • middle/upper forward: Shield Healing key*
  • near/center: Hull Healing key*
The Y-Pulse
[Image: gear-tb-gaming-mouse-04.png]
The Macro says: Spam Key Down, wait 1/10 second, Spam Key Up, wait a bit longer. Repeat if key is pressed contineuosly.  

Time will show how durable the mouse is. I hope for long as I am more quite happy with it.

*I use a STO key bind file that binds 4 keys to different trays, the spam binding is a bit more. There is an entire thread on keybindings.
** I have tumbs, not tentacles.

freckledmofo

My mouse was on sale for $10 at Target. It's got two buttons and a scroll wheel. It's blue. It uses one AAA battery.

That's my mouse.

Tevatra.enjin

What I currently have is a mouse with the word "Microsoft" printed on it. What I would like next is an ergonomic mouse. But I don't replace things until they really just don't work anymore, so it'll be a while...
My Rapoo wireless mouse sucks because it's wireless, and batteries may run out in the heat of the action, but it's response it perfect. Compared to my Razorback gaming mouse it glides noisier but I can do exactly the same stuff with it, all round.

The Razorback was about 70 stripes (if I think stripes are what I think it means Smile ) the wireless was 12 stripes and is a combi with the wireless keyboard. I use these things because of my current setup and they will make room once I get my new computer.

Other than that, I think you struck a brilliant deal!

Farnsworth

I now know what I want for christmas.
Checked Amazon: 23 strips of gpl on their site. Free 2-day shipping if your a member of Prime.

Seems to get great reviews in addition to Ed's, so I think I have a replacement for the 6 year old logitech wireless I've been using.
I am using same gaming mouse but I didn't get any issue