Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dilithium mining tips - "The Romulus Run"
In an attempt to prepare for the next dil mining weekend – whenever that is - I've been doing a LOT of what I call the “Romulus Run” - the daily ground missions on New Romulus. I'll do other ground missions in the future - but if you have tips, feel free to post them.

This is what I've learned:

Staging area: - 4 minutes, 45 seconds

I've tried playing on one side of the map or the other, trying to determine if there is one side that is better than the other. There isn't, as far as I can tell. No single area respawns targets fast enough to justify staying in one location, though maintenance on the shuttle pad often respawns so frequently that you don't have to leave very often, as does maintenance on the anti-grav lifts (near the bridge/Atlai side of the map). This doesn't happen every time, though, so if you don't get a second respawn by the time you've done all the maintenance, move on.
The key for a fast run seems to be in picking up reports – or not picking them up – and in the number of players in the instance. The more players in the instance, the more effective picking up reports is; the fewer players, then reports will slow you down.
The break point seems to be around 25 players. Above his number, pick up the reports and turn them in quickly to the overseer. (They won't respawn until you turn them in – but make sure to get all three before turning them in for a better reward.) In doing so, I averaged 4 minutes and 45 seconds to reach 100% (with 2-3 trips to the overseer each time.) Not picking up the reports adds 30 seconds to one minute to the run time.
Below 25 players, skip the reports. You'll get about the same time (4' 45'' versus 5' 15'' for picking up reports.)
HOWEVER: the number of players in the instance will determine the time needed: more than 35 and you're all competing for the same resources, and 10 or fewer and you don't get many respawns. Both add 30 seconds to on minute to run time.
Therefore, to maximize your efficiency in the Staging Area, opt for an instance with around 20-30 players: above 25, get the reports and turn them in quickly; below 25, skip the reports.
And do pick up the rocks and plants (if you know where they are); it only takes a few seconds, and you can stockpile them for turning in later on Romulus.
Note: When you do "Investigate Suspicious" DON'T engage them, regardless of the response. You will still get the points, but you won't lose the time needed to defeat them.

Atlai, Hwael, etc to follow.

Mom

Messages In This Thread
Dilithium mining tips - "The Romulus Run" - by brawndo_mom - 09-07-2015, 02:21 AM