Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleet Armadas - Joining with externals
I was reviewing what was involved in joining / leading an armada.

Given the issues with dealing with alpha fleets with multiple leaders (i.e., the issue of kicking during the probationary period), Cy's suggestion to get full disclosure before teaming up is really important - and trading a fleetie (and alts?) seems essential.

As to whether we should be alpha, beta or gamma, I think it's somewhat moot, as there are perqs for all levels - the biggest issue is as above, we need to have a firm grip on who is going to be evaluating us and what is their criteria for our passing the probationary period?

The big question is, IMHO: how does this really benefit us? Yes, we get some level of discount additional points depending on where we are in the fleet, which is going to facilitate working on our projects - but it reminds me somewhat of the issue I have with 'grinding': Why do you grind? To get better stuff! Why do you want better stuff? So I can grind more!

Last thought: if we do this, we're probably going to need to make a time commitment (at least on the part of some of the officers) to ensure that we are working toward both the armada goals and the individual goals - and I say this with all due respect, because I do love our fleet: who is going to do it? How are we going to set goals? How are we going to get the fleet to work on the goals?

Ver once commented that sometimes this becomes a 'job'; if we decide to go armada - at any level - it really is going to be that, and we're going to have to figure who is going to do it - and how.

I'm not anti-armada, I'm just trying to be practical.

That's my two cents.

Mom

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fleet Armadas - Joining with externals - by brawndo_mom - 09-07-2015, 03:33 AM