Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Consoles
My my my Ed.. what an amazing Write-Up.

On your NONONO consoles, I agree wholeheartedly. It has been reported in numerous forums and bugs that the whole "crew complement" design is quite flawed. It still stands that the crew have a declining balance effect on the ships power transfers, repair rates, etc, but simply put, you cannot console a solution.
On the topic of shield regen, I agree and disagree. There are builds that can utilize this, but simply put, its the same issue as mentioned for crew. Shield capacity has been proven to be much more significant.

Tactical consoles:
This is nearly a no-brainer. Although, I am starting to wonder if Tac slots might be a good spot for a universal console on some builds. Regardless, this is very sound advice, and the locators are the cream of the crop so far! (10/2015)

Science consoles:
This can be a very hot topic. If you are a Sci capt, or even a Tac capt, this can fulfill some very nice modifiers to shields, exotics, and even some specific setups for tanks, cloaks, etc. But at the end of the day, most value seems to be in the area of exotics, and can heighten a PvE play (and in some builds PVP). Your advice is interesting, and I would LOVE TO SEE A THREAD DEDICATED TO SCI CONSOLES

Engineering consoles:
Here is where I have a nit, concern, or misconception. Generally speaking, I can tell you from my own experience, that it is possible to build a tank that will tank ANYTHING OR ANYONE (excluding multiplayer PVP) from almost any damage within reason and without using a single engineering defensive console.
With this said, many many many Engineering consoles are all about defense, (given that we ignore crew, and other baloney consoles). So my thought on Engineering is generally "this is where you put your universals". I realize this is not a one size fits all rule, but if your goal is DPS, you only want to put as much here as is needed to keep you alive. Otherwise, you want to be doing DPS DPS DPS> and since we have discussed Tac ans Sci consoles (both being very centric on DPS options), the engineering should be treated as defense for Tanks, and out of necessity to stay alive in some elite PVEs. Otherwise, put it to DPS/set piece use. (imho)

Universals: [IMHO, these are a must if you can fit it]
Assimilated Module (Omega Reputation)
Plasmonic Leech (lockbox/exchange)
Zero Point Module (Romulan Resistance)
Tachyokinetic Converter (lobi store) gives crit h/d %, and turn rate... remember movement enhances defensive survivability.. if you use chroniton at all, this is a must, and use a set bonus

Bioneural - still meh imho, but it has its uses

Honorable mentions and must haves that should DEFINITELY be mentioned for all... these are often overlooked and shouldn't be:
Subspace Field Modulator
Nimbus Pirate Distress Call (place it in inventory)
Delta Alliance Reinforcements Beacon (place it in inventory)
Device _________ satellite turret (device, but is useful in battles)

Interesting on the MACO vs Plasmonic, I never knew that, its great advice to be aware of, and I had no idea. I wonder if other people have the same issue with other gear

Messages In This Thread
About Consoles - by Edarta - 10-26-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: About Consoles - by noybman - 10-27-2015, 01:42 AM
RE: About Consoles - by Edarta - 10-27-2015, 08:11 AM