Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lydell
Hello there, people. You might have known me briefly as Ramona Godley. Just changed the name to match Lydell which I tend to use in MMOs nowadays, plus it's my name on Enjin, so it'll clear out confusion.

Account Name: @lynda (there's a story behind it. If you're -not- lucky, I'll tell you some day)

Character Names: Lydell RJ (tact, main), Lydell (engie), Sinra (Romulan tact)

Your Current Rank:
All 3 VA

Time Zone: CET with a tendency to play late at night, which brings me roughly to being active in US East Coast times.

How did you get into Star Trek Online? I got into Champions Online first, made the jump from City of Heroes. Then a few months later, Cryptic released STO... I don't play CO anymore, stuck to STO.

How long have you been playing for?
Since launch, with large periods of inactivity, followed by levelling binges. Most recent return was for Legacy of Romulus. Levelled a Romulan to VA, then I came back to the federation, I guess.

What would be your best piece of advice to a new STO player?
Make friends who'll explain you how this mess works. Or prepare youself to read lots of guides. Either way, it's one of the few truly original mmorpgs out there, so worth the trouble.

What’s your favourite career type (Engineering, Science or Tactical)?
I like engineer better on ground, but since ground isn't my fave part of the game, it's Tactical all the way.

What’s your favourite ship? Avenger, the new BC, I really fell for that one. I find the assault ships too skittish. The Avenger sits on the fence of cruiser and assault, which is fun. Rather slow but mobile (with RCS's), lays down a nice amount of hurt with dual heavy canons, and can take a beating. Plus you can fit a cloak. Not like a tanky cruiser for sure, but long enough to kill what's trying to kill it.

What’s your best and worst STO moment? Like somebody else said here, best would be every time I get a new ship, it's always fun to try a new one and they look really beautiful. Worst, nothing I can remember.

What are some of your other interests? Reading, playing (bass) and listening to music, movies, good times

What’s your favourite band? Way too many to list, I got music bulimia. Listening indiscriminately to various genres, from alternative and classic rock to blues, electronic, hip hop, jazz,...

Anything else you want to say?
Well, hello everyone. I have a short attention span and I'm known to ignore chat for extended periods, when I'm not simply afk. So if you need me to fill a team or whatever, don't hesitate to pull my sleeve a little to get my attention. I'm a quiet guy, but always up to do stuff with others.