Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combat metter (combat logreader)
Ok i always forget this but now i am putting the link for this so you can get a read on the dps your ship is doing:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showth...p=14042121

a 2d link:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/darkmat...094323399/

ok after you download the rar, unrar unzip and open the folder.

the 1st thing you should do after its installed is creating the combat.log in the game, to do so you need to log in the game and use the following command:

/CombatLog 1

after that a Combat.log should have been created in your game directory.

the path should look like this: C:\Users\David\Desktop\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\logs\GameClient

when you check that the combat.log file is created, use the jar file called combatlogreader.jar

after it opens use the big button that says read combat log and go back to the game and enter any combat, missions, pves etc and you should get a read on several stats and especially the dps you do

hope it helps xD
cool thanks sig. Smile
thanks, I need this!!
this is cool, shows me in numbers how much i suck Thumbup
Was having issues with Java, finally got them sorted but now im stuck with no log file. For some reason the game wont create one for me? Anyone any ideas?

Tried the /CombatLog 1 command several times.
make sure you have write permissions to the game folder or try running the game in admin rights mode?
I use the combatlog reader as well, nice little tool. I know you can click [Clear up logfile!] to del everything in the log except the last combat. However... I have taken it a step further and created a batch file to entirely deleted the log file. To do this do the following.

1. Open Notepad
2. In notepad put in the following:
@Echo Off
del "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\logs\GameClient\Combatlog.log" /q /a

(the del 'C:\..... al the way to /q/a is 1 line)

You may have to change the path to where your log file is
3. Click File-->Save as
4. In file name type : Del Combatlog.bat
5. In the Save as type box change it from txt files to all file
6. Click save

I have saved this to my desktop. To use just double click and it will auto delete your logfile. In Win7 to use right click on the icon on your desktop and click run as administrator.
Beardy also try just with /combatlog 1 (no caps) maybe that could work for ya, also srry but i normally cant get here if i am in game sadly no net at home and i try to focus in the game more.
Here is the latest Combatlog reader:
http://tinyurl.com/nke2xoy
And here are the instructions on how to set it up for the DPS league: http://imgur.com/NPzMTb4

If you get a 10k dps report, upload it and they will invite you to a DPS channel so you dont have to strictly PUB a PvE in case the fleet is quiet.

"Smile
My CLR upload today (first ever) brought me an invite to DPS-Bronze today. They dare call my 21K beast BRONZE?

Apparently there has been a kind of lonesome move by 2 DPS Channel big cheeses.

Two competing communites... don't like that so much.

Edit: a day later the DPS-10000 invite also arrived. Accolade done Big Grin

[Image: sig-001.png]
The "Numeric" DPS Channels communtiy now offers their own .Net based STO Combat Meter (SCM).

No Java is required for this (even Java-less CLR wanted Java if it's update mate was installed), which is nice. The Installer is not signed, which is not so nice.

CLR offered several variants of computing DPS - you decided what should be taken as time in combat (doing damage/doing or getting damge, first hit to last hit, etc). That may have been useful for ship tinkering. It was certainly for talling big numbers Wink

SCM just offers one way to compute your total DPS: to get the value to decide on channel-fitness. With DPS as a flat measure Crowd Controllers, Tanks and Healers will still feel undervalued.

Its Player Combat Analysis gives good details, e.g. on some of your abilities, though I am missing some. It counts an Intel's shield hardening but misses Reverse Shield Polarity. I can not remember to have seen that in CLR, anyway. While I knew that Piper's Pilot spec grants a free kind of RCS console, I had not expected that his secondary Intel spec granted a free automatic kind of EPtSĀ  Thumbup

One thing to get used in the DPS Channels: Every STF has it's acronym. Most I decoded (e.g. ISA = Infected, Space, Advanced. CSA = Cure, Space, Advanced.) but what might be EVIL?? I did not find anything on their web site so far.

[Image: sig-001.png]
lol i wish i could play the game but i cant the connection here is pretty slow most of the time