Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blows-up-alot (AKA USS Jack O'Neil
My Ship!
SG1? Big Grin

So, does it blow up a lot? its an intriguing build. I look at it and I think there are so many things you could do to tweak it for specific performance, but it looks like it has a mix of about everything on it, Have you found anything that outweighs anything else?
Honestly, I don't like it... I would love some feedback or suggestions from someone to improve it. I'd had some help already from Cybrox and it has improved it some.

Yes, all my ships are Stargate characters/parts of it... Smile
You do have a relatively mixed bag there with the two rep sets to get the bonus.
I see that ship as a fast attack bruiser the comes in hits hard and circles for another pass.
If it was me in that ship this is what I would do:

Drop all the rep related weapons and load up a single type of weapon power with 3 DHC's on the front purple XII with a mix of DMG and CrtH, a fast torp like a fleet quantum or photon which pack a punch. On the ass I would put the turrets of the same weapon type, 2 of those.

Console wise you may want to upgrade that Sci Emitter to MK II. That was a joke....
Put in 3 more fleet tact consoles focusing on the one weapons type.
That setup should give you a lot of firepower if you don't sit right in front of the target and park, go in for passes and move back out of range, use the front power, speed, and turn to your advantage.

Next, Boff powers: You have three cannons on the front, but only one power for them which is scatter. I usually vary my powers between two doffs, rapid fire 3 on one guy, rapid 2 on the other so you have a lower time in cooldown. You may also benefit from dropping in a torpedo spread or two in there as well to vary up those powers.

Just my thoughts, I think you can do mad dps with all cannon based and even if you keep the rep torp I would keep the Rom as it gives additional targets to go after while you make another pass. Hope something here helps, good luck!!
People have had good luck with mines and torp builds. They can be amazing, especially if you are the only one in a group of others doing more energy damage to shields and power.

But like Cybrox said... Do you like cannons? Beams? fast attACK? I'd personally skip the turrets. Turrets dont thrill me. If you are a "street sweeper" or "zamboni" player, forego the turrets, If you try to focus on frontal damage, a few rear turrets is nice. But honestly.. I would get a rear torpedo OR mine, AND a kinetic cutting beam.

Console wise... I'll wait to recommend after you tell us what you prefer
dunno why people always get omega at the front has never worked for me regarding dps, best config so far for me is having dyson rep torp and romulan hyper plasma torp (rep) at the front, it makes dps higher than with omega, when i had it at the front it never worked well for me, not even with my tactical, still i run an avenger bc with my tactical so not sure if that can be said for an andorian ship still it has the same effect as with my sci officer in its atrox carrier.
The andorian ship is a nice vessel. I would love to see them *(cryptic) make the harder ships have either an extra weapon slot, or an extra console. Smile