Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breen Carrier Builds (and some questions)
So I like many peoples this year will be getting the carrier from winterland. And in my limited ability/resources will try to build it.

Here's what I got planned so far, two separate builds for it, Plasma based and Tetryon based.

Plasma Build - (My more straightforward build but will cost more/take more time to make into reality)

Broadside Build :
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?buil...arrieroo_0

What I see in this build?:
High Damage from carrier, Great torps from hangar pets.
Won't be able to break through shields as easily though, and I'm more partial to tetryon.. but more damage is always good! And it has that nifty DoT. And is easier to decide what to get for it.

Tetryon Build - (The one I really have questions with/unsure how I want to build)

Note : This one I want to use the 2 piece Nukara set for + Tetryon damage... but I also like the kinetic cutting beam...
And I'd have to use the 3 piece set.. maybe for the Nukara Refracting Beam Banks

Broadside Build :
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?buil...adsideoo_0
Frontal Assault Build :
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?buil...ontatkoo_0

What I see in this build?
Building this will be harder but Tetryon is always my favorite type, even if it isn't meant for flat DPS ever. It will have more Area coverage with the broadside build and hangar pets with all the fire-at-will going on. and even the forward only build will still have the pets for more FaW, Though I really do see this doing less damage then Plasma overall due to the lack of plasma infused consoles.

So yeah, those are my planned builds, any thoughts/recommendations for it would be nice.

Side Note : Even though the Carrier's own raider pets are really nice I don't plan on using them since that would mean me going polaron build instead (since carrier pets are affected by your consoles) and polaron.. well.. I don't see all that much going for it personally compared to plasma.. or even tetryon.

Side Note 2 : The tact consoles will be either the crit damage or crit chance modules, depending on how high my crit gets before i start slapping them on. And the Fleet Neutronium consoles may have turn rate instead of hull hp depending on how slow the thing turns (will likely need more on the front attack build moreso then the broadside ones)
Interesting builds.

I've been playing more with the tetryons of late; I'm not impressed with them as a standalone weapon (they kinda good at stripping down shields, but not enough damage without something else to back them up) but with a second beam array (phasers on one ship, and disruptors on another), it gets pretty effective - for a rainbow ship.
I did combine the tetryons with a Breen antiproton sweep - and enemy shields just melted away. Very limited arc though, and relative short range (45 degrees, and 3-5 km for best effect.)
Love your Nukara web mines being included: effective little toys that pack a punch but can be too easily forgotten or underrated.
This should be fun to try out in a few days!

Thanks for sharing!

Keth.
Create your build virtually at http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/
Post the link to it into the Shipyard section of our fleet site so we can see and assess better. This tool is awesome to put your thoughts into visuals and get options, you throw Boff's weapons, consoles, all of it down on what you have/plan to do and we can help you.
Oh cool, that's a nifty site Cybrox o.o, I'll build it on there and edit my initial post in a lil bit.
Well just took a look at both builds and here is my impression/suggestions. Want to say 1st, I do fly a carrier (recluse) but it is set up for heals and not DPS.

1. When you get the fleet credit, go to embassy and buy 2 Blue Romulan Male Tactical Officer Candidates. These will give you the Superior Romulan Operative trait which will increase you crit chance and crit severity (2%/5%).

2. I prob wouldn't go with both FAW and BO. They are going to share the same CD so I would just go with 2 FAW. You should be able to use it every 20 sec.

3. I would also recommend at least 1 sci team- I like it cause it clears a lot of stuff you may get hit with, i.e Jam sensors and Sub Nuke

Mind you these were just my 1st impressions but hope they helped
Thanks Ken, It did help.. I know about the rommy boffs, problem is I'm a bit picky in my boff selection (gotta have my 2 alien "Sister" boffs for instnace) and I'm low on boff slots. Though I could make room for a few rommys. as i have a tact kling and sci gorn i don't need (problem is the sci gorn has my hazard 3 which I'd need someone else to train the rommy in.

Also when it comes to Sci team, I'd like to use it (also for shield heal) but problem with that is it shares cooldown with tact teams and i run two tact teams (unless that changed.. all teams used to share CD.. and I haven't tried otherwise since)

Though yeah, I may indeed go dual FaW for the broadside builds. though BO will stay for sure on the front build since it puts out HUGE damage with the dual beam banks (I've done up to 20k crits with it already on the nukara beam banks lol)
Sci team, eng team and tact team don't share a CD anymore. I run all 3 on my main and with doffs I can hit each one every 15 seconds
I have invested HEAVILY in Tetryon. Only because, I committed to it, so it was best that I actually see it through. I think it is great for a support role, but as a damage dealer - nay.

However, tetryon is still fun. Check out my build post to see the current design. You link for tet does not work. Im more than willing to give you my tet ideas and would like to see what you come up with.
I like noybman, use tetryon on my recluse carrier. And like him its mainly for a support role. Even with the nerf to hanger pets most of my dmg comes from my pets (Advanced Tholian Frigates)
(Sorry for late reply, forgot to check forums for awhile lol .-.

And what do you mean by doesn't work? As in the link itself is broken or the ship design?

I looked at your's Ver and mine looks pretty darn similar to your's with alot of console differences (mostly cause I just simply don't have access to that fancy pantsy stuff) The only difference I really see is I lack the torpedo (in turn. my hangar pets all torp for me) and the fact you used the nukara dual beam (which I do use as well in my front attack build)

I've been trying the broadside build for a bit now and it's alright for me, mobility, circle strafing around targets to keep broadside arc, keeps my defense up pretty well.

I'll try the full front attack build for awhile (I seem to have the turnrate pretty high for now lol) and reply again with how It feels for me.. I prolly won't build the plasma one for awhile though (I don't even have T5 rommy rep yet lol ;-;
I saw the blue text around:
@12233452 Wrote:Broadside Build :

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?buil...arrieroo_0
so I suspected it was meant to be a link but wasn't click-able.

When I look at your ship, I am somewhat stuck on whether it is suitable for a frontal build at all. The Breen ship has 3 frontal weapons slots while other ships have 4 and 5. I myself have never used pets yet so I'm not one to speak to their effectiveness vs. a whole weapon (or 2), but my thought would be "the more frontal slots you have the better the ship is suited for a frontal build".

With the above said, I won't go into the frontal build yet because I dont have the background to support it.
On your broadside build I would consider getting the borg assimilated universal and even the romulan universal from rep systems. The crit modifiers do matter, if you go this route I would think you might swap them in for the field gen first or neutronium consoles secondly.  I dont know what kind of field gen you are using because the details arent listed. If you could note the types and the Mk levels/rarity that would be nice but not necessary. Shields matter, hull matters, but you are flying a carrier, so perhaps you dont need as much heal as you have.

Just think of the balance of "I wont need as much survivability IF the enemy is dead quicker" mentality. That is at least the approach I took. Tongue
This is what I am testing to see if I like the ship: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=weaktest_0

What I would recommend on yours is BO centric. You have Hazard Em 1 & 2 on the same Boff, those share a cooldown, switch one out for another ability. Also the you have two Tact Boff's with Tact Team 1, that will share a cooldown as well. You could change the Uni to similar to what I have with and Eng: Team 1, and Aux to Struct. Below is why I recommend that:

If the fighters are doing the DPS and you are sitting back, you switch the Universal to Eng and through those heals on, you can heal your fighters, yourself and your team. Enables more use of your Boff's and the ship.

Just some thoughts to ponder..good luck!!
I know they share half cooldown which is why i have two of them so i can keep them up more often/all the time.

But yeah I plan on swapping some skills around, prolly to get eng team 1 or emergency to weapons for more damage.

The way I have the fighters setup they are pretty much suicidal drones (the sad case of all non-frigate hangar pets) so I have triple cooldown reducing doffs for the hangar bays to spit out my baby widows as often as possible (or scorpions in case of plasma build)

I generally don't sit back though, I pretty much let all guns blaze all the time lol.
I am the same way, can't stay out of the fight. It's just the little efficiencies that help round out the setup. You're thinking of that, so you are on the right path.