Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Vastam Command Cruiser
I put most resources I had into my Romulan Delta Tactics Recruit. Today she completed 6 Reputations and completed the equipment of this Beauty:

[Image: ship-souvereign-front.png]

The RRW SOUVEREIGN ... as there can not be a Republican Empress^^

The ship builder did not provide the Temporal Negotiator and I have not found were to list the DOffs (3 Aux2Bat, Mr. Law of Torpedoes, BW Special Attack CD) but otherwise it shows the vessel as she goes.

I have lots of fun and since 3 weeks she never failed me in battle - though I sometimes feel, I fail her Wink

[Image: sig-001.png]
I love the SS, is that custom one you took? (I assume safarihelm.de belongs to you?) I also really like the looks of your build. I think I might make a similar mirror on my KDF ver'quv'dahota -
So a question.... Why Aegis?
Cool I was at the ship tailor for half an hour or so to get her in shape.

I use the Aegis set for two reasons:

Other than reputations sets it was available immediatly from my own R&D. I still have no marks for any Rep set.
Also it looked well fitting for a Tac Captain on a ship with few science slots (aux2bat is poison for sci, so I took few abilities and use these few with care). e.g the Jem Hadar Shield has 75 resistance bonus on crew death - and sill crew dies like flies... Other Deflectors waste bonus to abilities I can not make use of, etc etc.
Aegis can play god... more often than I should have I parked in the CE explosion, CE said BAMM, Aegis said immune... (Sometimes it didn't, just to teach me reason)
Reason Three of Two was that the set makes my ship look nice, not ugly.

The current build is thanks to a chat this weeks mornings, when insomniax asked for help on ship design - think we all had a chip to throw in, then a point came I started just carefully listening to fleet mates (Talleth & Aly as far as I recall *giving both a wave*). I have no working combat log reader, but I see that whatever I lost in defense I gained in OOMPH. And better use of the remaining Cool Downs still lets her survive my pilot skills.

P.S: www.safarihelm.de is my website - I used it to make guide for WOW pet battles... my Guild mates were extremly happy on these. Now the STO subdirectory is to support my hobby, again - hosting screen shots and any useful and weird stuff I might find or work out.

So Reason 3 I buy into fully. The AEGIS graphics is nice. I also do like the shield design.

Battery levels (imho) are minimal impacts unless you are able to stay in battle full time, and even then, weapons draw down power substantially. My take on crew, and much reading is that crew is useless. Perhaps Cryptic will fix crew, but I fly a cruiser, with a few thousand crew, and I too tried consoles that boost crew life and repair, and they will still sit at ZERO in a large significant battle, So if crew is 0, power negotiation is pointless.
My point? I find that anything you can do to either BOOST shield power, or boost shield recovery is prime to survivability. As far as hull heal, it is secondary, and with low cooldowns on one of a few sci/eng abilties, you can recover easily provided you have enough shield to live long enough.
If we were talking PvP - its a whole different world. Take a look at my Tal Shiar Tetryon build. I do not use anything inherit to % defense on plating, but PvE players, and many 1v1 PVP players find it infuriating to kill me because I heal heal heal. CE(A) is a tickle 100% of the time.
I might have to try the AEGIS, but I still love the Borg sets. (the Jem-Hadar now that it can be upped to XIV is attractive).

Feel free to chat in channel and we can do PvE missions for rep marks. I enjoy any space. Ground is not my focus but I can hold my own
Next Thursday I have a 4 days long weekend... will shift my day and be awake a little longer to see your timezone Big Grin

I'll finish the Delta reputation engine set this night, will test if that helps with the following headache. I am running with shields shiny and the Iconians attack my hull directy. Dirty B-Movie-Tards. I survive, but GtG Phase 3 is tough.
I might return the Neutronium Alloy. I don't want since I love my Plasmas roar - at GtG normal I am now so very damn near to saving Star Base/Ship Yard in Phase 1 solo.
Catrioma has specialized in Command Abilites and if there is such a thing she will be able to train her Bridge Officer with a Blahfasel-3 that helps holding the hull together.

The Chrystal Entity death count says I draw too much attention from Tholians. Has anybody an idea - I am almost going towards BW Overload, ignoring spiders except in the absorption phase.

Looking back how life was with the Aegis set: It served me well and I would always recommend it to friends for Tech and Tac. A kickstarter that keeps you smiling until you find the perfect reputation set and have the marks gathered. As a three-piece set combined with the perfect fleet warp core it may stay forever. If you find something better, it still shines: pass it on to a non-science alt, as it is account bound.

I pass the AEGIS set on to an alt. I switched to the Delta Set - yesterday it came back from upgrading to Mk XIV. My ship now is plain grey in neutral light, which looks yucky brown at many systems. Warp Narcelles shine in a borgy green. But she has got better in damage and survival. Cool
Time to drink Romulan Ale, tell tales ("My command Warbird, you, know, I found her as hatchling when dropped from parents' nest during a thunderstorm, near Altai..."), and to show photographs:

[Image: ship-souvereign-delta.png]

I learned use of the Delta set's abilities. In the Gateway to Grethor (normal) I clear Phase 1 Starbase or Ship Yard solo and often have a minute+ for a rochade to help clearing the other holding.

The 3 Set Tantalus Beam CD is a statement, killing nearby EMP or Viral Probes. At the starbase, the 1st group of cruisers is hm... cuddling? Approach cloaked, activate buffs, decloak while in the center of the pack. EMP Probes appear, activate Tantalus Beam, EMP Probes check in to Junk Yard.

The Trajectory Singularity gives extra jump capability in space battles. When alone or partners play with Baltrim Raiders in phase 2, hopping from Radtion Portal closed to Radiation Portal spawned helps extra rescues, extra Marks. Probably also makes a good show Wink

I now look to going GtG Advanced and to experiment with the Inconian set that is some weeks away (get reputation-5, spave set, consoles).

As much as I love the appearance of the Aegis, Im glad you found a better alternative. I havent tried the delta set yet, but it might be worth a shot
The GtG Advanced Test said, it's fine ;P With the right attitude (know the plan, priorize Green Portals, Oblivion, Solar & Energy Portals, EMP & Viral Probes) I had no trouble. 2nd time optional was missed, but the hopping Dreaddy is a reclusive beast anyway^^

Next item list point (I love Jetlaya) is the Iconian set - Risa Beach will probably delay a bit, but ship and crew earned a land walk Smile

As I got my Singularity just before heading to Risa, the landwalk was even more relaxed Big Grin

[Image: ship-souvereign-iconian.png]

I did an Iconian build with Anti Proton weapons.

Most of the Beam Arrays came from the Vulcan's Science Vessel, that will equip Plasma now. I put in some extra Energy & Fleet Credits, had some luck when upgrading the Vulnerability Locators.

As the Torpedo's behavoir is different, I chipped in my R&D lucky strike for a faster turn (from almost 20° to slightly above 23° - if it doesn't change effectiveness much, I can still use it for ESD chat posing posts), and replaced the Romulan Elite Fighters by Tiny Tholian Shield scrappers.

The Delta set has been a great one, will see if the Iconian set can fill its foot prints. The new look I like - kind of Noble Savage  Smile

An option for more endurance - if actually needed - are the AP beam arrays from the Iconian Resistance shop.

After changing equipment, I had to tweak: The Experimental Romulan Plasma Array had saved weapon energy, and I felt the difference after changing to the Iconian Resistance set. I repurposed - no, not Mr Cooper - some shield energy, replaced Torpedo wrangler Law by a Warpcore Engineer and changed from Torpedo High Yield to BW Targeting Shields.

In space battles at the Gateway to Gre'Thor the ship is less of a supportive water bearer - though I did never really like closing green portals alone just because the Delta drive gave me extra jumps.
After noticing some of my solo stunts at ship yard and star base in the Delta/Plasma loadout the Iconians must have bought some upgrades at the Exchange.
After switching, to do a normal Phase 1 solo on a side seems to be in range again. I also notice more shield flickering - but nothing to get scared about.

The Delta set was shield-drain resistant, the Iconian set counters problems by a fail safe feature. Against Borg this means to look for your shield and hull a bit.
To porve that I took charge at the Cure Advanced, headed for Borg Cubes rather than circling near the IKS Kang and herding Raptors.
That caused a Time Optional delivered. I got my shields sometimes downed, hull slightly scratched, no casualties.

argh i cant play the game yet lol oh well at least gta v and batman arkaham knight will keep me distracted for a while lol i hope i can log soon lol