Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sov's Fleet Manticore
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillpla...anticore_0

1. The LTC universal slot that has my Tac boff is using Kemocite-Laced Weaponry 1, but there's no icon yet.

2. My 3rd Device slot has the Temporal Negotiator device (recharge of Boff abilities reduced by 50%).

Dunno what DPS I'm running, but I took out 2 borg cubes in under 20 seconds in a red alert.
That's the issue with the alert Borg Cubes. They are too fragile for real targeting practice. I have the same issue with the Japori patrol that is done in 75 seconds - but at least there are many explosions, so I am happy Smile

[Image: sig-001.png]
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?buil...icoremk2_0

Updated with some new toys. Tongue
Mind telling us your Space Duty Officers? I am curious!

[Image: sig-001.png]
All purple doffs:

Law - Projectile Weapons Officer - Chance to reduce the recharge time of torps. (this one is free when you do Nimbus arc).

C'Tarrsa - Projectile Weapons Officer - Chance to reduce the recharge time of torps.

Jeema - Energy Weapons Officer - Chance for beam overload to cause all attacks against target gain 35% shield penetration.

Maemit - Energy Weapons Officer - Chance for beam overload to cause all attacks against target gain 35% shield penetration.

Kijet - Energy Weapons Officer - Chance for beam overload to cause all attacks against target gain 35% shield penetration.
You have 8 Tac slots, and you're using a torpedo. I have questions and suggestions:

Why are you using a [A->E] warp core? This is not a science ship/torpedo boat, so your Weapons power should be set to 100. You would get the maximum benefit from a [W->E] or [W->A] core. [W->A] improves the performance of the Nukara T4 traits at high power levels; W->E would help you speed-tank, or at least move between targets faster. Speed = DPS if you can control your helm.

You have 8 tactical ability slots! Nice!
Attack Pattern: Omega has a longer cooldown than Attack Pattern: Beta, and puts Beta into a 30-second cooldown, whereas having 2 AP:Betas keeps them rotating every 15 seconds, so unless you slot Jenro Zemok*, you will spend a lot of time waiting for your attack patterns to cooldown.

With your DOFF setup, I guess I can understand why you use Beam:Overload. My question is: Why do you have 1 B:O and 2 torpedo abilities slotted? This seems backwards, since you only have 1 torpedo. Speaking of which, what is your rear-facing Beam Array doing? Can you replace it with another torpedo?

Would you consider dropping Torpedo: Spread, to keep your single-target theme?

I would recommend changing your tactical ability arrangement to:
ENS - TacTeam1, TacTeam1, Kemo1
LT - T:HY2, B:O2
LCDR - AP:B2, B:O3
CDR - AP:B3

* Is Temporal Negotiator as awesome in practice as it sounds in the description? If yes, then change this to AP:O3. That 5-minute cooldown makes me nervous.

You aren't flying a torpedo boat, so I must ask: Do you feel squishy?
If "yes", then I kinda-sorta understand having the AMACO shield. Otherwise, I would recommend switching to the Romulan Impulse Engines and Nukara Resilient Shield, in order to boost your attack pattern abilities, and get the Nukara 2pc bonus. Alternatively, the Iconian 3-piece is highly recommended these days; the 4pc is recommended once you upgrade the warp core to [AMP].

Overall, your ship looks like a ball of fiery death that doggedly attacks one target at a time to avoid drawing too much aggro.
Actually. I chose my skills with 2 beam attacks and 2 torp attacks so I can go back and forth between single target and multiple target.

The ship is anything but squishy and can handle large groups of enemies. I've played around with different sets, incl. the rommy and nukara parts and found that what I'm using now worked out better and since I don't have iconian marks left and have no desire to play any of the content that offers them, I'm not touching the iconian set with a ten foot pole.

I chose attack pattern omega over beta because I found it a much more versatile skill. It's very handy when I'm frequently fighting things that use tractor beams and polarize hull is on cooldown.

Quote:
Is Temporal Negotiator as awesome in practice as it sounds in the description? wrote:

Yes, I find it very handy in a pinch when I get hit with stuff that slows my cooldowns.

Simple fact is, sometimes the most unorthodox approach to a build is what works best.
With the new BOFF skill system, I trained my BOFFs so I can quickly switch between 2 FAWs and 2 BOs, depending on the situation. That way, I can adapt to the situation without diluting my effectiveness. IIRC, this was one of the better parts of the Delta Rising release, once they finished fixing its bugs.

AP:Omega is definitely better than AP:Beta, and that's really awesome that Temporal Negotiator is a viable alternative to spending oodles and oodles of space-money on the single DOFF that's otherwise needed to keep the cooldown reasonable! Smile

I'm right there with you, re: Iconian reputation.