Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USS SPITPHYRE - Ed's Manticore T6 Heavy Destroyer
With that ship, Piper's action days are ... back  8-)

[Image: ship-spitphyre.png]

I started with Aly's Fleet Chymera, coped with 1 less tech console, made an aux2bat setup, took the Delta Set, flew some STFs, tweaked (changed from Fire at Will to Overload BW - why should I pull world and dog when Cruisers are flying around?), and have a build (no Manticore yet on STO Academy, I took the Fleet Chymera as stunt double).

The ship kicks and bites! However I am a little bit in doubt on the Delta Warp Core. It's nice to jump around on the battle field and the 4-Set Tantalus Beam (limited use due to range/cd/duration) looks frightening.
But. Even in Balanced Energy (Tactical Mode. In Regenerative Mode exchange Shield and Weapon values) setting while in a peaceful orbit, the ship is grumpy and asks for a fleet [amp] warpcore. Should I yield, and which one? The Energy is always high, 3 Energy levels above 75 should be always on.

[Image: sig-001.png]
Smile I made up my mind. I will stick on this until a fleet version comes... Smile

[Image: ship-spitphyre-tribal-01.png]

And I painted her for War.

The Fleet Manticore is announced. So I have a console slot for the Assimilated Module and probably undust the Kinetic Cutting Beam. Name and Painting... decisions! So much decisions!

The Fleet Manticore is available, and she is cool  Smile

I must show a pic of my new Baby!
[Image: ship-starphyre.png]
U.S.S. STARPHYRE

As STO accademy needs some time, the build is again with a stunt double. The missing Engineering ability slot is Reverse Shield Polarity 2.

I use a Romulan Prototpe as impulse engine for a bit more offense (thow the Reman might return when my Pilot spec is grown further) . Energy settings are
  • Weapons: 95/55
  • Shields: 84/55
  • Drive: 60/40
  • Auxilliary: 74/50
A Warpcore Engineer supplements the Aux2Bat Technicians, rising all energy levels by 5 on Emergency Power use. So I have hardly black-outs at the science station, and the ship shruggs off Tractor Beams and DoTs quite nice while running under A2B.
I made a lucky strike opening Terrestrial Xindi lockboxes and got a Kemocite-Laced Weaponry-1 Tactical BOff training manual. I did not notice first what I have got there. I gave it to my oldest Tactician (2 Tier Intel, 27 Pts. Pilot) and revamped the STARPHYRE to a Drake build (3 Damage Control Engineers) my flavor (+2 Helmsmen to buff and reduce CD of Tactical Team and a Warp Core Engineer to raise all Energy Levels on a EPtX power use). The Iconian Torpedo was a day later replaced by the Neutronic (reasons: (a) Chatting with Sov. (b) Purple explosions and yellow Kemocite explosions combine to a better light show)

[Image: ship-starphyre-20.png]

In Tactical mode before combat the energy settings look pretty lousy. In combat (not in ESD system space) skilled flow condensators, probably a space trait, machinery, EptS/W and 4 Engineers do their job: Auxilliary and Engine power climb to 76 and hold that, Shield power climbs above 110 and Weapon power stays in the upper 105 to 125 range.

Combat Log Reader tells 16K dps in The Cure (Advanced), expect some nice guy like Farnsworth is in the team whose Gravity Wells herd enemies so nicely that I get raised to 22K+ Big Grin

With this build I fare better than with the aux2bat build - it's not just the higher numbers, the baby really melted the Klingon Raptors away that headed to the IKS Kang.

So I'm curious. I see your weaps are all off of a-fire. Do you avoid using auto fire?
Yes, I rely on the "fire all weapons" command in the keybinding of my "spam" key. Otherwise I found it a bit difficult to hold fire when I should. The dwarfish Manticore often de-programms disconnected Borg while blasting something else on the battle field as she evades/gets missed by the unfriendly replies that interrupt when I do that with other ships.

3 weeks later...

I flew the ship and enjoyed patrols and STFs. Things went better and better. My best numbers ever happened in Infected Space Advanced
[Image: scm-isa-dps.png]
I owe to team play. The outrageous peaks happened when my AoE damage met Spheres and Nanite Spheres herded by Farnsworth' Gravity Wells
[Image: scm-isa-dmg.png]

The best Cure Space Advanced run I ever saw was also one of my best runs. Here I just attacked the left cube and then worked my way back to the center stomping errant raptors and beating the two big battle ships right time right place while the team took out the 3rd cube. Thanks to crowd/movement controll by the science department the IKS Kang never saw an attack while the punchers just went gung-ho for the cubes  Smile
[Image: scm-csa-dps.png]

Current version after the upgrade week end Smile

Thank you, good sir.

Having played many an STF with this guy I can say this is a very impressive build. Extremely fast and nimble ship for the size. I haven't been playing as long as some of you guys but it is very fun how fast we cut through the enemies when we're close enough to buff. On runs like The Cure our DPS tends to drop because we are usually the idiots who run back and forth to protect the Kang.

Well done.