Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Puny GOD" (Tal Shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser) Tet build
Here is my build which focuses on Tetryon. One tweak to it I have, but still have mixed feelings on is the Nukara web mine launcher. As shown, this is my preference.

I use a lot of heal abilities and focus on survival. Also, I pass team based heals to others when needed (*and I notice).

This ship allows a Universal Commander BOFF slot, so you can focus on Tier 4 *anything skills.

This builds goal is "Supportive Tank":
  1. Take Damage, and lots of it! (heal, heal, heal)
  2. Turn rate, we all need it
  3. Do Science mob control, OR drain/debuff tachyon etc (BOFF based, science)
  4. Deal the maximum amount of Tetryon based damage possible.
  5. Uses (and used to use exclusively) Phased-Tetryon weapons which provides a proc for shield or subsystem crippling.
  6. Honors the 2nd level Tal Shiar bonus (2 slots)
  7. Uses Borg set focused on survival and energy output.
  8. Max possible CRITC% & CRITH%
I welcome critique. I've considered going all dual beam and bumping up the turn rate with fleet engineering consoles in favor of 1 or 2 of the universals. Thoughts?

Sadly if I do that, I'd probably want turrets in the rear vs. the broadside attack.
Very nice, must cut through shields like butter and the cutting beam and torps do the rest, impressive, thanks for posting.
I actually dont think I will recommend tetryon to anyone. IMHO, Plasma, and Antiproton, and even Phaser has value. Im dissapointed in tetryon today.

Not that I'm going to give up on tetryon, I believe STO will continue to make changes, and perhaps they will balance the weaknesses, but I see that Tetryon focuses on shields right? Well, one thing all ships do, and all shields do is USE ENERGY! and guess what? If there is one thing that magically appears out of nowhere, it is energy. Your energy and overall ship design just imaginates more energy over time, and whallah - shields still exist.

Granted, I'm making words up here, and playing a bit tongue and cheek, but sincerely, there is a flaw in tetryon. You do damage to shields moreso than anything else, and the enemy is recharging power to shields naturally ALL of the time.

So one beam/or dual anything dishes out, 180-300 dps, and you have ~3 maybe 4... so you are doing 1200dps per strike, and that is a small number against 8000 plus for shields.

Either way, it is a lot of fun, and sure helps when you are in a pve with other dps'ers that have plasma, phasers, antiproton, etc.
I have a tet set-up on my Mobius. I like it.....
V, In beams maybe, in DHC no. I get almost 800 Tetryon per cannon and 532 DPS with three cannons and a quantum torpedo. The rear has 3 turrets giving about 400 more tet combine, not including my phased polaron turret.

That's 2,000 to your beam 1200 mark at energy type. In actual Dps:I am about 2,200 for weapons without the torp/

On your rig you have mainly beams array's, guessing because you have no turn console buffs as you are loaded with Uni's. Beam banks will give better forward facing DPS with what I will say next. You have: Boff's in two tact spots at Ensign and LT. The LT could have Beam overload II in place of Tact Team, Overload I on the Ensign, and a Torp spread or high yield. That would allow a little more Dmg round about no matter the way you face.
the only reason i get the nukara web mine is for extra chance like the dyson torp, for me vul exploiter never worked out as well i one might think, have you tried yet to get a full critical attack ship (meaning weapons and consoles for criticals) in the new post i made regarding my fleet avenger i did cuz i am getting 8k and sometimes 11k dps on some of my reads its now a nice ship but i have mixed feelings on it since i want to have a more consistent dps output on that ship
My updated Delta Rising build, with changes towards TAC -

skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=tetryont5ut_5986

To your note Signalpha, I was able to get into the 10k DPS range on an ISA PvE, and in talking to numerous people, it is clear to me that the Nukara set 3rd trait is nearly pointless, I've removed it in favor of another beam. It was also noted that the omega weapon set 3rd trait is nearly pointless. So I'm toying with the idea of dropping the torp in favor of another dual beam bank.

Tal Shiar adapted BC base turn rate is like 7... pretty crappy. But I have managed to make quite an impact with ship control and turn rate buffs. I have pulled a Romulan Fleet Tactical BOFF into the Commander Bridge slot. I kept the elite SCI BOFF I had (can probably still use it on a NWS or something). The TAC officer traits add CRIT, and the skills are nice - improving manueverability too, so it might be wise to rspec my toon skills to add to TAC manuevers vs. the Kinetic skills.

Thoughts?
When we duelled, the first take downs of the diminished deity where owed to surprise. During the course of battle it became harder and harder to get you and you became actually dangerous. And I am quite proud about the endurance of my STARPHYRE.

In the end phase I had to rely on my damage spikes - these happened to you when I caught one of your torpedo swarms with a voley of mine. As I also have a BW-Target Shields in regular use, these became your nemesis. My broadside damage hurt but was not enough to get you.

If you are going to blue prints for a load out change: my approach would be to go for an Adapted Maco set and to the set from the Butterfly mission. I would also rochade to a Tachyon Beam-1, HE-3.
This should preserve endurance as the Adapted Maco set has it's own defensive perks and it takes care of disabled subsystems. The Butterfly set supports your weapons.

I still have no idea how to survive Farnsworth's Space Magic...