Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arden's Giant Pile of Advice.
Alright, a couple people asked for this, so this is where I am going to put random things I've picked up while playing.

-Always have a klingon character, their duty officer assignments in marauding gives crazy easy contraband you can give to any character to trade in for dilithium (2k every 4 hours)

-For those of you who like the dilithium mine duty officer assignments, to max out your chances of success, you need 3 Brenik(s) (for Mine Dilithium Motherlode) and 3 Tetsu Nelek(s) for Mine Motherlode of Valuable Minerals.) These are the ONLY MINERS that possess all three of the critical success attributes. Dont waste credits on anything else.

-Complete ALL of the Consular Authority chains (in the orange area of the galaxy map). They offer a special officer trade in mission sometimes, and some of them offer green quality as the LOWEST quality of turn in. So, if you have a white quality duty officer and want to improve it cheap without spending dilithium at the academy: THIS IS HOW.

-Also, colonization chains offer a blue duty officer on completion, and sometimes offer another mission that rewards a refugee for those refugee assignments, and if you crit on it, you get a special purple quality duty officer.

-NEVER spend money at the exchange for white quality duty officers. Do the doff assignments from the species-specific recruiters and the personnel officer at starfleet/klingon academy. (NOT general recruitment, that costs dilithium.)

-Want fast dilithium once you get level 50? Go to the Voth battlezone and play, it racks up very fast there, and the marks you get can be exchanged for dilithium in the reputation tab. Undine might be good too but I havn't really looked into it yet.

-Are you a new level 50 and want to get decent gear fast? Replay old episode missions, the rewards will all be upped to mark XI, which is REALLY REALLY nice if the mission rewards blue quality items.

-Bridge officers have traits that help you in space or ground combat. However, space traits are SUPER DUPER RARE. Only 2 species can possibly get these traits. Saurians (Federation) and Lethans (Klingon Defense Force) can have the "Efficient" space trait. Humans (Fed) can have the "Leadership" trait, and Nausicaans (KDF) can have the "Pirate" trait. Romulans and Remans can get "Romulan Operative" or "Subterfuge." That's it as far as space traits, so any time you get a choice for which kind of officer to keep, look for those.

-Speaking of bridge officers, some abilities are very important to have. Ever get hit with a borg shield neutralizer? It's terrible, kills your shields and keeps them down. The only way to take it off is HAZARD EMITTERS. Don't fight the borg without it. Even level 1 it's awesome. If you are fighting the crystalline entity and want it to remove some of the damage buff it get durring the fight? Tachyon pulse removes it from the entity. A neat trick to use when an objective depends on a bad guy NOT getting to an objective (like the nanite spheres in Conduit space, and the Saboteurs in phase 3 of fleet defense (btw, aim for the LARGEST ship in the wave, it is the only one that does the sabotage), use Gravity Well or Tractor Beam Repulsors to keep them away!

-Speaking of PVE group missions, ALWAYS look up the strategy before doing them. There is usually some special trick to doing it right and everyone hates when that one guy ruins it for the group because they don't know to destroy all the nodes in conduit at the same time.

-Don't sell items to the Azura II or any Ferengi merchants if you can help it. They always give you less than other vendors. Speaking of, sometimes if you are short on cash, people (read: idiots) put stuff up on the exchange for less than half of the item value, which, incidentally, is the amount vendors purchase them for. SO: buy stuff over 50% off, make free money. Nice, huh?

-I know it can be a pain, but if you can manage to pull off enough travel during the "Tour the Galaxy" mission (there are a ton of guides out there), you get a SPECIAL passive trait that reduces the cooldown on transwarp travel by 20%!

-When setting up a build for your starship, try to stick to one damage type (polaron, disruptor, etc.) The consoles that boost a single type boost it by more than the cannon/beam consoles.

Edit: Need a way to get free schematics for leveling crafting? Do the mission "The Vault" in the Romulan Mystery section. When you get to Obisek, select the option for "neither of us is supposed to be here" to start, then select all of the diplomacy options. Finally, click the "cannot condone" option before ending the dialogue. You will now have "Research Data Nodes" visible in the room. Fly to them and activate them to get a random schematic from each. Also you wont have to fight any enemies while you get them.

I'll add more to this post when I feel like it. Deal with it.

-Arden out