Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S.S. STANISLAUS - Ed's Arbiter Class Fleet Battle Cruiser
I christened the USS STANISLAUS with a quote of Heather Gummer in mind. The german synchronization "Heiliger Stanislaus!" was really cool at that moment.

[Image: ship-stanislaus-01.png]

A loadout with double beam arrays tought me that I can copy Sovereign's build but not her piloting.

The new build is once more based on my habitual/boring EPtS/EPtW setup with 3 Damage Control Enginees for reduced Emergency Power cool downs, the Warpcore Engineer for even more Juice and 2 Conn Officers to reduce the CD of Tactical Team, and to buff Attack Patterns.

I had started with the concept of a sturdy damage dealer. One more run through the Midnight Mission to complete the tanky Solar Defense set.

And then reason left the building. I upgraded a Hyper Capacitor Shield Array (new R&D recipe, not in the STO Acedemy yet) and actually used its special ability:

[Image: shield-to-handle-with-discretion.png]

For 30 seconds the shield loses ~200 pts per weapon fired. Each shot drains this weird thing. I get 40% damage bonus from my epic beast when at full capacity. The shield can not be healed while in that state. I used that twice in the first flight.

The Pick Up Group was a good one and I got a personal record immediately:

SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - [06:31] DMG(DPS) - @edarta: 12.84M(33.16K) @petrkorb: 8.07M(20.72K) @Xingxi: 5.81M(14.98K) @dontask1: 4.89M(12.72K) @tonyyy666: 3.80M(9.70K)

I survived, thanks to the ship's Ablative Hazard Shielding console, also a top position in trouble provoked:

SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - DMG In: 434,693 (38.6% of Team) - Piper@edarta

I am not sure if I want to do that every day - both times I used the shield's self-destruction mode, a routine situation turned... interesting Wink

[Image: sig-001.png]
And now... w/o shield self destrction

After some STFs with the complete Midnight set that is not bad (and great for a leveling toon), I changed to a patchwork build (Nukara Deflector & Impulse, Delta Alliance Unimatrix Shield) and put the last double beam bank into the bank: broad-siding permits movement while spitting contineous damage and movement means to get fewer hits.

The first flight into battle with 3 fleet mates was great:
SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - [06:08] DMG(DPS) - @edarta: 12.00M(33.03K) @Sovereign: 7.83M(21.50K) @doroluss: 6.74M(18.59K) @treksavant: 6.40M(17.45K) @Cybrox: 3.31M(9.10K)

However, I did stand-and-deliver stunts, again:
SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - DMG In: 434,775 (40.2% of Team) - Piper@edarta

I should really stop doing that. My hull never dropped below 70%. But even the drain resistant Delta shield was stripped more than once. My Intel secondary spec helped - but I should get used to circle around enemies or flying 8s to gain shield hardening from my Pilot spec:

[Image: i-really-should-do-that.png]

After an awesome run with awesome company 3 went to a party, celebrating best numbers ever:

SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - [05:49] DMG(DPS) - @edarta: 11.83M(35.38K) @Sovereign: 10.61M(31.68K) @noybman: 8.83M(25.92K) @Dragon1310: 8.18M(24.59K) @PuppetX: 3.49M(10.30K)

Console-wise I tested a build with 3 [Flow] consoles: 2 Plasma Generating Nullifiers from the Embassy and a Conductive RSC Accelerator[Flow].

I tweaked the U.S.S. STANISLAUS with emphasis back to faster cooldowns and had a really good run tonight:

SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - [05:04] DMG(DPS) - @edarta: 14.14M(49.76K) @patrick702: 13.37M(46.83K) @WolfpackLuna: 6.38M(22.39K) @ravenhaus: 2.53M(8.78K) @dumbmonger: 1.97M(6.79K)

Thank you, Krenim Engineering Bridge Officer & Neural Biogel Pack Smile

Also I revised the Spam Tray - my current "State of the Art" is:

[Image: stanislaus-spam-tray.png]

Season 11.5 came and Piper's skill tree is essentially a rebuild of his old energy and survival friendly setup:

[Image: piper-skilltree.png]

Before the new skill tree, the patch work build never passed beyond it's ISA Personal Best Run at 49.6 K dps.

I started with the general purpose loadout (3 pieces Iconian and a Terran Task Force Warp Core), with just universal consoles at epic. Most stuff was very rare, some ultra rare. The "gold plating" was done during the upgrade weekend last thursday.

The STANISLAUS rocketed beyond 64K, and to a whopping High of 70.2 K dps.

With more widespread adaption to the skill tree you enocunter many heavy hitters in ISA nowadays. All are in a rush for quick kills and the STANISLAUS runs between 55 and 68 K dps. She outguns 40+ K ships showing high results and gets pushed to lower results by the 50+ K players. Such is the game and I love and mostly play the general purpose build that shines well in ISA, Cure found, Khitomer Vortex and Hive Onslaught (where ship survial is an optional target)

U.S.S. STANISLAUS - survival/damage setup

[Image: stanislaus-drake.png]
[Image: stanislaus-traits.png]

For moar damage I had to go away from my beloved drake build and hopped to a half-dragon. The Engineering/Science consoles where set for more offense. The BOffs crew got some more prominent members. After some experiments I came to the loadout below:

U.S.S. STANISLAUS - damage setup

[Image: stanislaus-halfdragon.png]

First battle: SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - [03:04] DMG(DPS) - @edarta: 13.77M(76.08K) @alterran04: 10.78M(59.17K) @Fewzz: 9.77M(54.27K) @kick_nemesis: 2.12M(13.30K) @versvesh: 1.70M(9.23K)

The 76 K are owed to playing [i]with the team. Play maverick and going solo for the right cube quite reliably spoils the Nanite Heal Optional. I ran around 70K, but at ~50% Transformator health, the healers arrive. [/i]

Best battle: SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - [03:37] DMG(DPS) - @edarta: 16.67M(77.67K) @e30ernest: 11.72M(54.58K) @CryptonicZed: 5.55M(26.98K) @weckelmann: 1.98M(10.73K) @sallym#8027: 2.23M(10.34K)

I think I know now how that ship works - time for a change Wink