Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STO Academy getting an overhaul.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvSa7yQ7JgY

There's a new version of STO Academy's skill planner coming out soon. Looks like it'll be better than ever!
LOL.... I really didn't need to see his webcam to get value out of it, right?

I don't see it as better at all at this juncture. It's clearly a work in progress, but as someone who has been in web development and software design, and considering the market we are in today, I'm not seeing an improvement. I realize he is revamping for the new STO design, so a change has to be made, but it looks more like he is looking to play with AJAX or a new HTML5 dev tool.

Hopefully as he matures it, he realizes that customized xml color templates might be a must (many people, myself included) hate being forced to see large pure white screens, and the colors he has going on are all over the place. Hopefully the new design will support mobile devices.

Either way, I gotta give him props. STOAcademy is a great resource and the fact that they even have as much backend data as they do is the crux of the issue. Provided their support data is accurate, I will pardon any visual detriment in favor of a full database.

Smile
(04-02-2016, 04:17 PM)noybman Wrote: LOL.... I really didn't need to see his webcam to get value out of it, right?

I don't see it as better at all at this juncture. It's clearly a work in progress, but as someone who has been in web development and software design, and considering the market we are in today, I'm not seeing an improvement. I realize he is revamping for the new STO design, so a change has to be made, but it looks more like he is looking to play with AJAX or a new HTML5 dev tool.

Hopefully as he matures it, he realizes that customized xml color templates might be a must (many people, myself included) hate being forced to see large pure white screens, and the colors he has going on are all over the place. Hopefully the new design will support mobile devices.

Either way, I gotta give him props. STOAcademy is a great resource and the fact that they even have as much backend data as they do is the crux of the issue. Provided their support data is accurate, I will pardon any visual detriment in favor of a full database.

Smile

He mentioned in the video that he's working on a mobile version.
I listened for a while then jumped around a bit. I really hope it turns our stellar. I've always liked sto academy. Awesome site
A tree planer that - after adoption of the recent shuffles is quite ready to use: http://www.stf-vanguard.com/STO-Skill-Planner/

[Image: sig-001.png]
(04-03-2016, 08:29 AM)Edarta Wrote: A tree planer that - after adoption of the recent shuffles is quite ready to use: http://www.stf-vanguard.com/STO-Skill-Planner/

I like this!
After using the new version of the skill planner, I actually really, really hate it and the creator just can't take the criticism and thinks it's great. >_> Need to find a new skill planner.
Glad to see you and I agree once in a while. Tongue