Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shout out - Speaking German to STO Community Managers
(02-09-2018, 02:46 PM)brawndo_mom Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 04:33 PM)Invixus Wrote: Speaking of New Romulus, as I am currently tabbed out of game while D'tan blithers on about this and that...please for the love of god get them to allow us to hit escape and skip cutscenes...including the really really long one that we have to listen to every time a new toon beams to New Romulus...

Beam in to the embassy then exit through the doors, this will bypass the cutscene until you reach this mission, when the cutscene goes away.

That may work for me, assuming I remember to do it, since I am in a fleet. I never go to New Romulus and I am a goldfish usually so I'll forget. In this particular instance I was simply stopping off to hit the exchange, and it was closest to where I was. It took longer for the cutscene to finish then to make the transaction I was going there for in the first place. I had already completed the New Romulus missions with this toon, but it was before they revamped them so I think they were all reset, it didn't occur to me that I would have to try to avoid it for a 2nd time on the same toon. But for those who are not in a fleet that embassy option would not be available I think. While those who are not in a fleet should obviously join Strike Group, I feel it would be easier to simply allow all players to skip or watch the cutscenes as they choose...a middle ground is to skip to each paragraph so you can read subtitles as many people can read faster then D'tan will ever be able to drool out his monologue. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shout out - Speaking German to STO Community Managers - by Invixus - 02-10-2018, 12:12 PM