Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shout out - Speaking German to STO Community Managers
Exclamation 
The "Captains Table" is a Voice Chat Meeting where Fleet Representatives talk to Community Managers about various points. The Players suggest what they would like to be addressed when asking to attend and for the actual meeting the CMs pick their poison.

The meeting minutes from the chat are translated and passed to the Devs as feedback and one of the players is doing the minutes for the german player community.

We are around the world - so I see we should make us heard in that circle.

Do we have some thing we want to feed to the Devs?
I would attend and speak for Strike Group.
However, I need your suggestions and input to build our agenda.

Let me know your thoughts until weekend, as I would like to request for attendace on monday.

Yours Truly,
                Ed

[Image: sig-001.png]
Continue and expand the trend into more variety of fleet projects to encourage member participation in projects. Dilithium and doffs have become bottlenecks for some projects it seems. People don't want to farm/convert zen for dilithium and either don't know how or aren't interested in churning out dozens of doffs. (I'm guilty of this as well). The new colony projects are a good start.

Another thing that I was thinking of recently, is with the older reputations, like Omega, Romulan, and Nukara, the weapons available from the store and from daily/hourly boxes are frequently MK XI and/or Very Rare with only two modifiers. It's not 2010 anymore if it's very rare give it three mods to put it in line with other very rare items and if you're level 55 or whatever the prerequisite for MK XII is make the item MK XII. It may get more people to use these types of items rather than discarding them just because it feels like it's a nerfed VR item.Off the top of my head that's all I can brain for now. Take care Smile
I see these points as good for all of us:

We would enjoy more useful loot from the reputation projects or more use - can we salvage what we can not use, please?

We really want to be able to enter public queues with interfaction teams of less than five players.

The Colony brought great new possibilities for players to support their fleet by playing for commodities and for themselves to get Fleet Credits w/o competing with other players or waiting for projects to open. The Colony Invasion Simulation got people into ground play to a degree where "hard stuff" like BHE, MIE(?) and NTTE get more players, more successful. We want more of that.

Armada-wide communications by mail should be possible for Rank 7 at least and Fleet Mails CD should be down to 1 hour rather than 1 day.

Going in the opposite direction: I love New Rom for the ground missions - but could we get an option for buying equipment to 'stun' the wildlife rather than having to kill it? Killing the wildlife when you're 'observing' it is very non-Trek and rather depressing too! I'd happily buy gear for that let's me knock out the wildlife.
I have requested for attendance now. Anything I could not suggest for the Topic List still can make it to the open discussion - I have a list of items that did not make it to the 3 suggested topics.
That list is open, so feel free to use this thread and give me moar stuff :-)

Pursuant to today's chat: Everyone's sitting on tons of crafting mats. What chance of increasing what we can craft? What about crafting ships? Good use for the mats, people would be more engaged and lots of fun.
From Pai: slotting the same projects for fleet gets boring! More project options, with less dil and doffs.
And with an addition, why not have the option for enabling a sale within the fleet-stores themselves.
So at least everyone (not every day players) will have the option of buying fleet store itmes at a lower cost. (eg. Extra Trait-slot, enhanced trait-abilities, weapons etc.)

Im not saying the sale should run for days, but what about a cool-down of 20 hours or so..

This is also to avoid Grind-Fiesta (To avoid the continous grind-parties and making this unreachable for some).. Sad Considering the new re-engeering additon.

-=There are 4 lights=-
Speaking of New Romulus, as I am currently tabbed out of game while D'tan blithers on about this and that...please for the love of god get them to allow us to hit escape and skip cutscenes...including the really really long one that we have to listen to every time a new toon beams to New Romulus...
Strike Group attends The Captains Table #9.

I have put those Items I could not cramp into the 3 suggested topics on notes for the open discussion part.
WooHoo! Qapla'!

I did notice that some (but not all) space items were re-modded with additional or different mods, either because I'm dumb and didn't notice or because it was done after I was whining about it here. I'll let you guys decide which it is Tongue Ed's knowledge of all things STO will be a great addition to the Captain's Table good luck Smile
(02-08-2018, 04:33 PM)Invixus Wrote: Speaking of New Romulus, as I am currently tabbed out of game while D'tan blithers on about this and that...please for the love of god get them to allow us to hit escape and skip cutscenes...including the really really long one that we have to listen to every time a new toon beams to New Romulus...

Beam in to the embassy then exit through the doors, this will bypass the cutscene until you reach this mission, when the cutscene goes away.
(02-09-2018, 02:46 PM)brawndo_mom Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 04:33 PM)Invixus Wrote: Speaking of New Romulus, as I am currently tabbed out of game while D'tan blithers on about this and that...please for the love of god get them to allow us to hit escape and skip cutscenes...including the really really long one that we have to listen to every time a new toon beams to New Romulus...

Beam in to the embassy then exit through the doors, this will bypass the cutscene until you reach this mission, when the cutscene goes away.

That may work for me, assuming I remember to do it, since I am in a fleet. I never go to New Romulus and I am a goldfish usually so I'll forget. In this particular instance I was simply stopping off to hit the exchange, and it was closest to where I was. It took longer for the cutscene to finish then to make the transaction I was going there for in the first place. I had already completed the New Romulus missions with this toon, but it was before they revamped them so I think they were all reset, it didn't occur to me that I would have to try to avoid it for a 2nd time on the same toon. But for those who are not in a fleet that embassy option would not be available I think. While those who are not in a fleet should obviously join Strike Group, I feel it would be easier to simply allow all players to skip or watch the cutscenes as they choose...a middle ground is to skip to each paragraph so you can read subtitles as many people can read faster then D'tan will ever be able to drool out his monologue. Big Grin
My Boil-Down from the Captain's Table, Ed's personal filter and recolorizer applied:

Selected Topics

Colony
The Colony Holding and Project Costs will carry on - Players develop their colonies as the Developers thought it should be. The Coffer feature was a great success and will be used in future Fleet Holdings. On Simulations it was suggest to introduce difficulty levels in addition to opponent variations.

STFs
- YES WE WANT INTERFACTION TEAMS, GET YOUR MASS MOVED!
- The apparently reoccuring casual/intense gamers discussion failed as usual, however a request for much more Guides in the Arc STO Web was the good result.
- Happy Hours where one of the STF gives extra rewards have been suggested.

Open Topics Highlights

DOff Protection status, like items can now be protected.

I introduced Pai's idea on Fleet Store sales events.
15 seconds of silence
The Community Manager the applauded that as a great idea, one nobody ever thought of before.
Unanimous aggreement of all Alpha Wolves, WE WANT THAT.

Final word: If something needs to be changed, repaired, added, removed, improved, make yourself heard in the Arc Forums. The CMs need ammunition to battle for allocation of Devs time.

Kudos to Pai for the original thought! And yes, Ed, you're right - we need to speak up in forums. I don't because I think things get lost (too much input to be read thoroughly) - but if the devs go there, then yes, we need to speak up.
Thoughts: Why can't we duel on Andor? The groundwork is in place - but no fighting ever happens :-(
(02-09-2018, 01:44 AM)Invixus Wrote: I did notice that some (but not all) space items were re-modded with additional or different mods, either because I'm dumb and didn't notice or because it was done after I was whining about it here. I'll let you guys decide which it is Tongue Ed's knowledge of all things STO will be a great addition to the Captain's Table good luck Smile

A large pile of items that are eliglible for re-engnieering are not re-engineerable.
A large pile of items that are not eliglible for re-engnieering are re-engineerable.

A pile of items already in game lost mods. These mods are gone. These mods are no more. They are exmods.

And some items now have more mods than granted by quality.
Ultra Rares have 4 mods, Epics have 5 mods. Q has changed this, because he could:
[Image: reengineering-bug-pep-epic.png]

The TR-116B Borg Puncher beats that: UR has 7, Ep has 8. Q decided that [ShPen]x4 is a single mod and added 3 for the sheer thrill of it.
Conclusion: re-engineering is a nice idea, the implementation was a botch

This was not on the Captains Table as many people, like me, made detailed, elaborate and appropriately expressive forum posts on that, creating threads full of work, post by post, for the Devs

Stop being so awesome, Ed :-)
Speaking of fleet stuff. I really don't dig their new approach to fleet provisions that they did with the colony. The game is time consuming enough without more mini-games.
(02-11-2018, 07:06 AM)Sovereign Wrote: Speaking of fleet stuff. I really don't dig their new approach to fleet provisions that they did with the colony. The game is time consuming enough without more mini-games.

This time we can play Ground for provisions - if you don't like, I do. Especially Science can be King, Tacs are cool, Engineers rock - I learnt to love it and now I know I can do BHE, NTTE and MIE. Huzzah.

I guess, if they introduce a space ops to get provisions in a future holding, cookie monger ships will show up Peace