Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sov's Tac Ody
U.S.S. Harbinger (NX-91942)

Most recent ISA with current build: SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - [05:49] DMG(DPS) - @edarta: 11.83M(35.37K) @Sovereign: 10.89M(32.49K) @noybman: 8.84M(25.93K) @Dragon1310: 8.20M(24.65K) @PuppetX: 3.49M(10.30K)

On Java-based parser: CLR—Infected Space[5:47]— Dmg(DPS) —Piper 11,828,827(40,930) Jenora Kell 9,933,250(34,018) Beirok 6,863,842(24,779) ver'quanen 6,623,466(21,860) Gomok 2,852,218(11,934)

Made a few tweaks to get this far. Well worth it.

Space Doffs:

[Image: 2921tz6.jpg]
Soooo..... Why choose the Nukara deflector, (isnt its design leaning toward tetryon)?
(09-01-2015, 06:24 AM)noybman Wrote: Soooo..... Why choose the Nukara deflector, (isnt its design leaning toward tetryon)?

I use that deflector particularly because I'm a tactical captain and it makes up for the engineering shortcomings in my skill-set. I'm built for damage, not tanking.
I know you test MUCH, so maybe this has alreadly been tested and binned:

Replace BW overload by Attack Pattern beta
2 conn officers (?) to reduce tac team cds and to boost attack patterns

3 DCEs to reduce EPtX CDs
A warp core engineer to raise all energy levels on EPtX may be useful too

With a warp core guy boosting shield when you boost weapons (and vice versa), the sci team might become surplus and a shield battery (old fashioned or one of the new things) might do the job, while you play Polarise Hull-1, and HE-2.

[Image: sig-001.png]
Made some updates to show my skills, specializations, traits (some icons are missing, so mouse over them) and listed doffs in the notes.
Made some changes (listed in post 1) to doffs and added the Hydrodynamics Compensator and Counter-Command deflector from the 8472 rep.
SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - [08:58] DMG(DPS) - @edarta: 14.77M(28.10K) @Sovereign: 14.19M(26.83K) @PuppetX: 4.99M(9.44K) @alysvanya: 1.36M(2.59K) @dante8175: 1.29M(2.43K)

Not too shabby. Still trying to find a way to break 30k.
Have you considered the Romulan ZPM vs. the Tachyokinetic?
(09-16-2015, 12:44 AM)noybman Wrote: Have you considered the Romulan ZPM vs. the Tachyokinetic?

The tachyokinetic converter is already in my build. 

The ZPM is really not that great, honestly. At epic (which is what I have it at), it only offers 2.2 subsystem power bonus, 24.6 starship power insulators (resist shield drain/energy drain), +2.2% critical chance. I had it in my build and didn't find it made much of a difference. It doesn't really do anything to directly effect DPS other than the power level boost, which I already know will make all of a 1.68 point diff. in damage per weapon. Not really worth it.

I have a feeling the only thing that will make a diff. at this point is to either respec and push more into my admiral level combat skills or push toward epic weapons, which will be excessively expensive.
If your tray layout is as you shew me, this is a tiny helper (keybind file) that should link your EPtW, EPtS, DEM to your space bar, while still firing all weapons. This may, or may not help.

Ahhh, so you have tried the ZPM, Tongue I realize you have the Tachy, but in looking at your build, I was wondering if that was the one console you could swap for something else for more DPS. I wish I knew more, and am hoping to learn from you, ed, x48, cause I do not have it figured out yet

Big Grin
(09-17-2015, 02:24 AM)noybman Wrote: Ahhh, so you have tried the ZPM, Tongue  I realize you have the Tachy, but in looking at your build, I was wondering if that was the one console you could swap for something else for more DPS. I wish I knew more, and am hoping to learn from you, ed, x48, cause I do not have it figured out yet

Big Grin

Aside from the plasmonic leech, the tachyokinetic converter is considered a must have in most DPS builds.

(09-16-2015, 08:41 PM)Edarta Wrote: If your tray layout is as you shew me, this is a tiny helper (keybind file) that should link your EPtW, EPtS, DEM to your space bar, while still firing all weapons. This may, or may not help.

Already have EPtW and DEM linked in the bind you made for me. I only use EPtS as needed, that way it's available when I want/need to use it. I prefer not to spam my heals.

Anyway, here's my doff lineup, now:

[Image: 5zk6kk.jpg]

Unfortunately, you can only have 1 warp core engineer of that type on active duty. Tried to put a blue and purple together, but won't let me. Not sure this setup will make much diff. other than quicker recharge. I hit my EPtX abilities about 50 times and only once did I get the power boost.
If it benefits you, only testing shows. When I got the Manticore, I used Aux2Bat that went so well in my Cruisers. Then I learnt, that excellent more Tacitical abilities and a good energy household are more effective for me than good Tactical abilities, cool energy household and hyped cool down reduction. I had to fly Adavnced STFs to suddenly see the difference. Patrols and Red Alerts were just too quick and easy.

I love the Drake build, others do definetively NOT: at least one DPS big cheese (Sarcasm Detector, iirc) was that annoyed by the Evil Random Generator that he marooned the complete engineering department on a backwater planet and went to EPtW, EPtW, no EPtS anymore.

(09-17-2015, 05:54 PM)Edarta Wrote: If it benefits you, only testing shows. When I got the Manticore, I used Aux2Bat that went so well in my Cruisers. Then I learnt, that excellent more Tacitical abilities and a good energy household are more effective for me than good Tactical abilities, cool energy household and hyped cool down reduction. I had to fly Adavnced STFs to suddenly see the difference. Patrols and Red Alerts were just too quick and easy.

I love the Drake build, others do definetively NOT: at least one DPS big cheese (Sarcasm Detector, iirc) was that annoyed by the Evil Random Generator that he marooned the complete engineering department on a backwater planet and went to EPtW, EPtW, no EPtS anymore.

For that matter, what the hell is a "drake" build?
It's one of the three energy builds with (or without) supporting DOffs.

SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - [05:49] DMG(DPS) - @edarta: 11.83M(35.37K) @Sovereign: 10.89M(32.49K) @noybman: 8.84M(25.93K) @Dragon1310: 8.20M(24.65K) @PuppetX: 3.49M(10.30K) 

Swapped out Antiproton Beam Array Mk XIV [CrtD] [Dmg]x3 (Ultra Rare) for Antiproton Beam Array Mk XIV [CrtD]x2 [Dmg]x2 (Ultra Rare)

Swapped out Bio-Neural Gel Pack XIV (Epic) for Hydrodynamics Compensator XIV (Epic)
Swapped out my normal AP arrays for Herald AP beams.

Herald Antiproton Beam Array Mk XIV [Ac/Dm] [CrtD]x2 [Dmg]x2 (Fore)
Herald Antiproton Beam Array Mk XIV [CrtD] [Dmg]x3 (Fore)
Herald Antiproton Beam Array Mk XIV [CrtD] [Dmg]x3 (Fore)
Herald Antiproton Beam Array Mk XIV [CrtD]x2 [Dmg]x2 (Aft)

One went epic on sheer luck, the rest are ultra-rare.
did the Herald changes make a noticeable difference?

What was more helpful, crtdx2 dmgx2, or crtdx1 dmgx3?
(11-05-2015, 02:58 AM)noybman Wrote: did the Herald changes make a noticeable difference?

What was more helpful, crtdx2 dmgx2, or crtdx1 dmgx3?

Not sure which made the bigger difference, but I noticed considerably faster kills. 

Nonetheless, I love the sound effects for these beams. Tongue