Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Klingon Contraband Gaining Tips
Hello Folks,

I would like to share some knowledge that I have learned that may help you gain dilithium without having to grind or fight using the Duty Officer missions.
1.) Contraband, transferable Dilithium to any account character, some Klingon Doff missions require it, I use it only to turn in for dilithium.
2.) Colonists: Great for Colonial XP, even better with the "Deport Colonists" DOFF mission that uses 5 colonists and provides 500 dil on success, Crits at 1500 dilithium.
3.) Prisoners: "Forcer Labor Requisition", prisoners are gained from raids and "Disable Freighter" mission. Same Crit and normal success returns as the colonists and requires 4 prisoners.
Obtaining Contraband:
1.) Confiscate Contraband for Crew, it's under the Personal section and provides 1 upon success and 2 upon Crit, it's not very reliable. 30 minute mission

2): Marauding- Disable Freighter: (This is the consistent Contraband resource) 2 hour mission
Found in: Tau Dewa Sector(Main)/Alpha Centauri & Pi Canis(Limited)
Disable Freighter: Andorian/Human/Tellarite/Ferengi. You can find these in Tau Dewa/Alpha Centauri/ Pi Canis normally, these get you prisoners and Contraband. Both are traded in for Dililithium in different ways. Ferengi is the richest as it provides 2 upon success and Crits at 5 contraband. Andorian/Tellarite/Human success at 1 contra band, crit at 2.
Note: Vulcan doesn't give Contraband, however you can receive prisoners.

Success: Security/Assault Squad/Energy Weapons/Projectile Weapons/Transporter Officer(s). Any other officers can do this if that have the skill, green is good, purple is best with the Crit below.
Crit Success: Aggressive/Resilient

3.) Marauding-Raids
Here are some missions that are not as consistently found, however provide contraband and crit well.
Raid on Federation Research Station, Assault Starfleet Refitting Station, Bombard Federation Manufacturing Facility, Capture Starfleet Ammunition Depot, Inspect Civilian Freighter, Investigate Rumors of Klingon Intelligence..

4.) Turning in Contraband: In the First City/Great Hall, left side as you walk in. Fleet Starbase, Tactical level, walk straight from the turbolift, turn left and the last person has the mission. Federation wise, right outside the bank entry on the promenade. These are 4 hour missions and upon completion can be done again and again every four hours on every character you have.

5.) Colonists: These can be obtained from the Operations DOFF normally and provides 4-5 colonist per run.

The other benefit is you not only receive contraband and prisoners, but may get commodities or other things to sell for EC.

Cy
Nice post! I need to work this into my routine