Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vo'Quv Carrier, suggested setup?
So, I decided to get this boat of a ship, because I wanted to try out carriers, as they spit out more ships to help you fight. I got a couple of B'rel raiders, which, on their own, kick SO MUCH ASS. But I'm getting around to that point where I need to put out some decent DPS, myself, especially when squaring off against the Borg, since I want the Honor Guard outfit. I, myself, am lacking in direct DPS.

As of right now, my setup consists of

Sci Skills: Science Team 1, Tractor Beam 1, Jam Targeting Sensors 2, Science Team 2, Gravity Well 1, Viral Matrix 3.
Eng Skills: Emergency Power to Shields 1, Engineering Team 2, Extend Shields 2.
Tac Skills: Torpedo: High Yield 1, Torpedo: Spread 2, Beam Array: Fire at Will 3.
Fore Weapons: 2x Dual Plasma Beam Bank Mk 10 [dmg], Plasma torpedo Launcher Mk 6 [crtd]
Aft Weapons: 2x Plasma Beam Array Mk 9 [crtd], Breen Transphasic Cluster Torpedo.
Deflector: Polarized Parabolic Deflector Mk 10
Impulse: Supercooled Combat Impulse Engines Mk 10
Warp: Field Stabilizing Warp Core Mk 10 [coi]
Shields: Dielectric Oscillation Resilient Shields Mk 10
Devices: Nimbus Pirate Distress Signal, Scorpion Fighters
Sci Consoles: Countermeasure System Mk 8, Shield Emitter Amplifier Mk 4, Shield Emitter Amplifier Mk 10, Universal Point Defense System.
Eng Consoles: Universal Shield Destabilizer, EPS Flow Regulator Mk 7, Universal Constriction Anchor.
Tac Consoles: Ambiplasma Envelope Mk 5, Ambiplasma Envelope Mk 4.

What should I change up? I don't have much reputation in any faction, however.
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=punnyship_0

Best build I could come up with, while knowing your current massive gear limitations.

The Kinetic Array and assimilated modules should be your first ship gear target to go for after you get your honor guard set, till then replace the kinetic array with either more distruptors or some kind of mines if you'd like (the tractor beam mines could work as a temporary backup... don't forget to do the gear upgrade trick for them to make them higher leveled/stronger)

Or, if you'd like, just put 1 torpedo in fore and another in aft slots, so you have torp coverage on both sides,

As for the plasma sci console, you'll need to unlock fleet stores for that. Which I recommend working on doing anyhow. Just work on getting fleet marks by doing Crystalline advanced in between cooldowns of your borg queues and then donate those marks to fleet projects (which is super easy to do on KDF side.... but impossibru on Fuderation side.)
Pun, use the link Sandy threw down, register to that site and put your build on our sites shipyard. Great way to get options and comments from both sides of the fleet!