Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobali Samsar, what should I change?
I've been noticing I've been getting destroyed by high-level things, and I feel like I don't do enough damage. What should I change to make myself better? I need ways I could get through rep or missions, as I can naever make enough money to get what I want. Here is my setup:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=punkobali_0

Thoughts?
A few opinions from me, some are probably obvious, most mean work.

A way to get some extra energy credits Jay Yim Tour the Galaxy Quest - daily available: have milk and cookies ready as this is a non-exiting 15 min flight through sector space. Earn always at least 75k EC even you get distracted, phoned or drunk.
Visit the Starfleet Academy and hire duty officers, sell these at the Exchange or contribute to fleet projects, or both. Not Big Cash but pays the rent.

Long terms: all reputations earn you dilithium while you build reputation and are rewarding when completed - get them all. A borg ground quest at Defera, for Romulus (A Cloak as final Reward) a battle at Japori, a normal Crystaline Catastrophe (Nukara gives a Tetryon Cascade), a normal Infiltration of the Undines (Green Shield sphere as final free Reward) should not exceed your limits. An Argala Patrol is always a good test for your ship, earns marks and loot to sell. IMO Dyson sphere flghts somehow suck - but the Dino Hunt at the Ground Battlezone can be a sunday morning fun. Do all of them, do different things. Kobali ground - how about completing the ground story arc, I can help at the weekend on this and on snake hunts for Marks and Elite Marks when we get wake times matching. Iconian daily drops give free Antiproton weapons sooner or later. Sell unused stuff at the Equipment NPC desks.

You have duplicate abilities, this means much shared cooldowns - I would diversify. The officer trainer at ESD sells learning manuals for EC.
Samples: Replace a Science Team 1 by Polarize Hull to break from tractor beams. No effect against Vaadwaur Anchors, but Borg, Hirogen, Iconians all employ these imobilizing hull breakers.
Replace a Hazard Emitter by Transfer Shield Strength if you want defense, or by a Tachyon Beam, Energy Drain or Gravity Well for some offense.
Replace 1 Emergency Power to Shields.

Long Term: With Mk X weapons your fights against Mk XII+ opponents are hard, no way, you need to upgrade. Go To Mk XII one by one. The Beam Weapon Upgrades, also used for your Tactical Consoles require (A) Rare Radiogenic Particle. The are dropped at Chrystalline Catastrophe Advanced.
You could sell them at the Exchange and buy Upgrades there - be smarter: pass the blue stuff and the Particle to a fleet mate with high R&D skill (for each skill I hava char at 18, my beamish 20 master is Piper). We proc almost every time and you get 9-10 upgrades for the "price" of 5 - 25%+ cheaper than at the Exchange.

Drop consoles that do not help you. The Kobali turns not fast. An RCS Console gives better turn and a non-dual Beam Bank gives a broader damage arc. For that reason I would consider 3 beam banks at the back - beam broadsides are cool.

[Image: sig-001.png]