Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegas, Baby!
Creation Entertainment has announced the next Star Trek con in Las Vegas, scheduled for August 1-5, 2018, at the Rio.

I think we should plan a STO Strike Group get together! For those in the States, flights to Vegas can be dirt cheap, hotels aren't that bad (I did my last trip on 1 week's notice for under $400 for flight, hotel and ground transport), and food is cheap (depending on where you go.) I know that it's not something everyone can afford, but it would be a blast to hang out with all of you in person!

A second thought would be to host a booth on the dealer floor, spreading the good word of Strike Group! (And to visit with fleeties from other groups, show the devs we're the awesome fleet in town (suck it, Reddit!), maybe get some of the party animal djs to broadcast from there... )

Let me know your thoughts - we have a year to figure this out, but I have to say, I can't imagine much more fun than hanging out with you guys!

Mom
I have the official word that we've been approved to host a table/booth. (Yay!)

Being the person I am, I was thinking of a booth; the folks from one of the stations is interested in doing something there - maybe a live stream as they did before, a few monitors showing some of our videos (hint, hint - make videos or let;s run fleet stfs and Ed and I will make videos)... other thoughts?

We have 10 months, but some things need to get arranged fairly soon.

If you have any ideas, post them and we can put together a list of the stuff we can do, might be able to do, and need to win the lottery to do!

Mom
Our space is 10' x 10', which isn't huge. I've also contracted for power, and I believe that internet is available onsite.

Ideas I've had: Dranuur as the 'background'
Something more techie (monitors with our videos)
Posters of our fleets with group images of the toons
If you've done conventions, you know they are usually tables with two chairs, a few papers spread around, and maybe a monitor or two. I'm thinking more... elaborate. We are STRIKE GROUP after all.

Other thoughts?
As for obvious reasons i won't be able to join the convention.
So the only way I can help out is financial. So when time is near, hand me a paypal and I will chip in..

-=There are 4 lights=-
OK = all you artsy people, I need your help! Our space is small (10x10) but it's the biggest 'normal' vendor space - same size as Cryptic. I'd like to use the Dranuur colony theme, maybe with some inflatable palm trees, maybe some inflatable bean bag chairs so folks can stop in and relax, run some of our videos, maybe put together a book of all if our toons images... What are your thoughts? If anyone has a different idea, PLEASE speak up!

If you're planning on going, I was looking into renting a house for the week. It's the same price as a NICE hotel, but we could fit up to 10 people (probably 4-8 would be more comfortable) - but that would bring the cost per person WAY down. Only draw back is we would have to drive back and forth (I have to take all the valuable stuff to and from the booth daily.) This is a bit inconvenient AND it does put some restrictions on partying, as most rental houses do not allow partying on the premises. Obviously, Lyft and Uber are good compromises if you do want to go out and party down.

Please post your thoughts here or chat in game.
Dranuur? Risa? Someplace else? Mom needs you to vote!