Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed's KDF Ferengi Nandi Warship USS GROMEK
There are many baby squid ships in space, so painting is important:
[Image: ship-gromek.png]

For the "starter" build I chipped in resources for the Disruptor Beam Arrays, the Aegis Set is re-used as Catriona flies Reputation engines, the Plasmonic Leech is a pay-once for KDF (the Vandal) and allies, the Kobali core & console are from the Samsar. Klingons get the Hargh'Peng Torpedo very early and often and the rest is R&D and Delta gifts upgraded to MK XII. The Front Torpedo came from the Iconian Rep 20h Daily.
As KdF gets two purple Damage Control Engineers quite cheap at Tech-4 (Staas and Replicator) I had to make it a Drake build with 2 blues and a purple left-over from Mit'Naqt.
The Torpedo Spread-3 is thanks to execution of the Jem Hadar Boff from Installation 4028.

There is lots of room for improvement (no fleet items, no reputation items, reputation traits are sparse) but the ship does well in missions, normal STFs, advanced Snow Flakes and red alerts. Not a monster, but never below 3rd place when it comes to ... em ... comparisons.

Great fun is a Torpedo volley into a GW while the Tachyon Beams tickles a Big Juju's shields Big Grin

If Mel'hMac should get boring, Mit'Naqt will confiscate the MK XIV beam arrays for her Command Cruiser.

[Image: sig-001.png]
After completion of the Delta Recruit's Story Arcs I have a Breen Set, Mk XI. The Klingon will make that his Nandi set, for a scientifically coloured Tac set up.

It adds an energy drain, the dish supports Flow Condensators and Graviton = Tachyon Beam and Gravity Well. The resilient shields saves hull, which is nice. The extra engine power from the Impulse drive can go into extra Aux. As warp core I see also [W -> A].
I have to find some nice Transphasic Torpedo as front weapon, the klingonic-to-the-bone Hargh'Peng Torpedo stays as aft weapon.
On engineering I see a Neutronium Alloy. The current Kobali hull heal field and the +2X% shield bonus are nice, but some more evil science would be more fun. Tactic consoles will be 5 Vuln Locators, in 2016 or so Cool

While I was chatting with a fleet mate late night, Jack-of-all-Trades Priss (all R&D at 15+) was applying Vulcanic Patience into building a Transphasic Torpedo. I call the result My Lovely Sprocket undefined

Mel'hMac also visited the fleet facilities and the account bank.

As I hoped the Breen set energy drain feeds the greedy emitters. The Patrol for Romulus Reputation are quick fun now and in Borg Red Alerts the ship takes out groups on its own.

Tactical monster consoles, a science console and a fleet warp core are missing yet. But hell, it's Go, GROMEK, Go!. I will update the build as it goes.

Firstly, your ship's weapons have a distinct lack of [CrtD] modifiers. Secondly, your ship has a distinct lack of Vulnerability Locators. This might not actually be a severe problem, given the latest patch notes about the redone [dmg] modifier.

^ That's 5 separate links; look over them briefly to see which information is relevant to you. I know I'm missing the link with all of the math and test cases that show how the new [dmg] modifier works; I only remember that it was posted by /u/Mastajdog.

• Why are you using the Kobali warp core, instead of a fleet core, the Breen core, or the Kobali set?
  • Why are you using Tachyon Beam? Almost anything else would be a better use of that science BOFF ability slot. Tachy says it's supposed to strip shields, but in practice that capability is overrated.
Since you have the all-powerful Leech, I would replace Tachyon Beam with Energy Siphon, and get a warp core with [AMP].

If you have space for Conn Officer BOFFs to reduce Tac Team's cooldown to global, I would replace one Tac Team with FAW.

One last thing-- you only have 1 hull heal (Hazard Emitters 2). I hope you kill things faster than you draw aggro.
Energy Siphon: bought Smile
300K earned Fleet Credits later we will talk about optimizing a Flying Winnebago Big Grin

[Image: i014240.jpg]
You made my day Big Grin