Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridge Officers - Guidelines and recommendations
I've been reading the chat about bridge officers - species, attributes, etc., - but I'm still not sure on what makes a good officer selection. Or is it really just a matter of training them right and placing the right ones on the right ships?

Does anyone have some guidelines and/or recommendations for optimizing the bridge crew?

(Yes, I realize I'm asking this question AFTER playing for four (or more?) years - but I'm finally getting serious!)
When choosing bridge officers you want them traits that are beneficial to your play style. So 1st some basics. I will only talk about blue and purp bridge officers. The only difference between the 2 is the number of Superior traits they have. A Blue(rare) bridge officer will have 1 superior trait while a purp(very rare) will have 2. Now I don't do a lot of ground so I can help you with those traits but space I can. I will put a short list of bridge offer traits that their race gets with some note after.

Human
Leadership: Subsystem repair and Hull regen rate (all human have this)
Note: These bonuses stack

Saurian
Efficient: Increases warp core efficiency

Romulan
Romulan Operative: + crit chance and +crit severity, Reduce cloak cool down
Note: These bonuses stack

Reman
Subterfuge: +cloaking effect, +defense, +Damage After Leaving Cloak
Infiltrator: +cloak stealth, +defense, +Ambush Duration
Note: These don't stack only need 1

There are other space traits but I have found these are some of the ones you should be looking for. On humans and Saurians there is no superior Efficient or superior Leadership
On the Romulan Operative and Infiltrator you want the superior traits. If your human you can only use the romulans from the embassy. Romulan toons can use the ones from the exchange. They can get quite expensive

On my toons I use different things:
On my Non rommie I use 3 Superior romulan operatives from embasy the rest human.
On my rommie toons I use 1 Superior Infiltrator and the rest superior romulan operatives.

The superior romulan operative and infiltrator will cost 4-15 mil depending on market conditions.

Special Note: What I do is during double exp time, I will create a rommie toon and level them up to 45 as you get a choice of blue rommie/reman Boffs at level 25 and 35. Pick the one with the superior traits. At level 45 you have a choice of a purp Boff. Pick the one with the superior traits. If you have a choice between picking a superior operative or superior infiltrator pick the infiltrator( can always sell for a huge profit if you don't need it).

I hope this helped and wasn't to confusing. Please contact me in game if you have any other questions

Kenthend
Thanks! Great info!

Mom
Good advice - now time for my stupid question: how do you sell bridge officers?
(09-07-2015, 05:00 PM)Brawndo_mom Wrote: Good advice - now time for my stupid question: how do you sell bridge officers?

Just log in into an exchange terminal, switch to the "Sell" tab.
Then there are two ways to sell BOFF Candidates. (Only Canditates, right side of the "Stations" Tab can be sold.)

Way 1: Use "Set Item..." to get a list of all you can sell, between ship/personal items and the DOFFs all sellable BOFFs are listed.

Way 2: Keep Exchange opened, open your character status (Key U) switch to "Stations" and just Drag&Drop the BOFF candidates from the status window into the exchange window.

HTH
Lareen
Many thanks!
Are there boff’s that help with speed, as in using them on a ship designed for Tour of Duty?
And BOFF’s that should be on a ship you have designed to battle the borg? As in ones with traits useful with shield regen ?