Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy!
While I'm not exactly 'new' around here (I joined in July) , I thought I might as well introduce myself.
Account Name: Brawndo_mom

Character Names: Kethma (Fed), Kethsa (Rommie - KDF aligned), and Kethla (KDF). No, they aren't creative names.

Your Current Rank: Fleet Captain

Time Zone: CST

How did you get into Star Trek Online? I was at the Star Trek convention in Las Vegas when they announced the MMORPG. (Yes, I go to cons. Yes, I have a uniform - a good one! - but I don't wear it to cons. I have some limits.)

How long have you been playing for? I've been a member since it was introduced, but have only been playing in earnest for the last two years.

What would be your best piece of advice to a new STO player? Find am awesome fleet (oh, you're already here!) with good players who want to help make it fun for you. Ask questions: this is so diverse a game that it can take you days to get the answer you need if you insist on finding it for yourself - or you can just ask one of the others here who can help you - and give good advice.

What’s your favourite career type (Engineering, Science or Tactical)? I love Sci, but Engs seem to have so many good toys that I'm jealous.

What’s your favourite ship? The next one - whatever it is.

What’s your best and worst STO moment? Best moment was joining this fleet - it's made it an awesome experience. (You guys rock it!) Worst: getting chastised by a fellow player (not one of the fleet, BTW) during an elite mission. SO disheartening that I thought I'd not bother to play the game again. Fortunately someone reminded me that it is a game, and that some people are just inconsiderate.

What are some of your other interests? ST:TNG - I'm a fanfic writer, martial arts (4th degree in TKD), anime (I do a lot of cosplay for anime conventions), BattleTech (the Tesla pods, not the board games), Warhammer 40K, traveling, bicycling, dogs, and Pacific Rim. I want a Jaeger of my own.

What’s your favourite band? Miracle of Sound. Gavin Dunne is awesome.

Anything else you want to say? SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I found you guys!