Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Researcher Pt.3 (PG-13)
Striding down the corridor toward the primary shuttle bay she passed and acknowledged a sea of salutes. All, she could tell knew, both that something was going on and that the clearance to know about it wasn't even on long range scanners. Upon reaching the shuttle bay she nodded approvingly at her team as she headed over to the gear and began to check it. As she went over it she mentally reviewed her team.

Milo, Eric, Luke, Leonard, Omar, and Walter were from the United Liberated Legion insist on using first names only. They were among the best infiltrators and saboteurs the Legion had. Anderson was former Tal Shiar and could get you any intel you could think you wanted and then nearly has much that you never knew you needed. The last team member was still on duty and keeping up pretense. Ensign Doyle was her double agent the one that would get them close to their target.

All in working order. Turning on her heel toward her team she dropped all emotion from her face.

" I'm honored that so many of you would volunteer for this unsanctioned mission." She began " Anderson latest intel on targets vector and status?"
" Target is en route to Antos IV on a re-supply mission at warp 7. Ma'am" he tersely replied.
" Milo are our on ship agents briefed and ready?"
" Yes Ma'am all 22 agents are ready and standing by for our boarding." He said quietly in a small voice.
" And the time table we have before her ship is disabled and the crew is funneled to a single location due to life support failure?" She asked looking up at the seated officer.
" We estimate the ship will be functionally disabled and life support only functioning in a location of your choice in 5 minutes or less." The massive Liberated Gorn quipped back with a smirk.
" Computer status on Ensign Doyle?"
- Ensign Doyle is in her quarters -
" Ensign Doyle report to the primary shuttle bay" Bubble said after activating her COMM badge.
" On my way captain." 

Minutes later Ensign Doyle entered the shuttle bay.
" E-e-ensign D-Doyle repor-orting Ma'a'am" She stuttered out through her nerves.
"At ease ensign." Bubbles said with a small smile. " Alright now that we are all here lets load up and head out.

The nine of them boarded two modified Delta Fliers and departed.
  Three hours later they were nearing the U.S.S Ohana with every options used to mask their approch.

"Status report."
" Limited night crew on shift. Most systems tied up in maintenance. Target is in her ready room. All ready captain." Anderson answered.
" Beta and Charlie strike groups in range and reporting ready." Omar added.
" Alright folks lets get this party started." She said smoothing out her Dress uniform.

-------------------------

Talia had retired to her ready room to catch up on her paperwork. It was late. A few hours into another peaceful night shift. She was just sitting back down with her fourth glass of wine, Enjoying her own private moment.
All at once there was a tangible static to the room as six bodies beamed into her ready room, surrounding her, Red Alert sounded briefly and was shut off, and the gravity on the ship dropped to .8 Gs''.

" Did you really think we'd let you avoid our birthday again Talia?" Bubbles and her sisters Blossom and Buttercup said in unison.
Talia looked at her academy sisters with a defeated grin. As she looked around she knew every face present. They were all good friends from the Academy.
" Well yes you are all supposed to be sectors away. Also," looking at Buttercup, " can you blame me? Every time we celebrate our birthday together there are several arrests and we are banned from another place." Talia uttered exasperated.
" It's also the only time I ever get to see you in person Mom." Ensign Doyle quipped stepping out from behind Milo.
" Well I can't complain about that. Come here." Talia stood and reached to embrace her daughter.
As the embrace ended Talia stepped back.
" Just how long have you all been planning this and why is security not here?" Talia asked in earnest.
- Captain please report to the main dining hall -  the computer chimed in.
Blossom Grinned.
" Captain we just received an urgent message from Admiral Jones at Star Fleet Command"
" Thank you Lieutenant," She paused glancing around the room. Raising her finger to her lips. " Put him through to my ready room." She said after waving everyone to stand behind her desk screen.

"Yes Admiral?"
" Captain Toru. We have lost a research vessel and you are the closest ship to investigate and recover anything found."
"What about the supply mission?"
" You are to complete the supply mission though you'll have to rush it. It's on the way to your new objective."
" What can you tell me about the lost vessel admiral?"
" The U.S.S. Commonwealth and it's Captain Henry Hugh were on a classified research mission studying the borg and the rumors of them gaining a foothold in the Mirror Universe." the admiral paused, choosing his words carefully. " This mission is technically off the books. Officially the Commonwealth was lost to a gravitational anomaly with all hands on deck. The crews next of kin will be notified at the end of the week. We think however that some may have survived. You are to settle the account."
" Admiral am I the only ship assigned to this mission. I know of the researcher and there are dozens of captains that would not accept that his ship was lost with all hands on deck. Can I ask why Command is going with this spin?" Talia asked weighing the intelligence used to arrive at her orders.
" We are well aware of his notoriety but most of those captains are not Star Fleet and those that are don't have clearance to chase any interdimensional bread crumbs you might find." Admiral Jones stated flatly. " You have your orders. God speed. Jones out."

As the screen shut off she sighed and headed to the bridge. In not acknowledging the people in the room with her while the admiral spoke she lost the chance to stop them from leaving. It was the least she could do to let Henry's Daughter's know that he might still be out there. Every cadet that graduated that year that was alive thanks to Henry Hugh.

She looked across the desk at her daughter and forced a welcoming smile.

" Mom I understand that this kills the celebration but I'm pretty sure half your crew are in the main dinning hall set to throw you a party. It's not every day you turn 100." Ensign Nicole Doyle said trying to save what she could of the celebration.
" Well I might as well enjoy tonight since it might be the start of my last mission as Captain."
I'm interested to learn more, I'm not sure how your story is going whether you are prepared to reveal any additional information, but I was a bit shocked that they would set up a mock raid to set up a captain on her birthday.  I mean it makes sense when you think about it, but on the other hand what's with the nerves?  it's not like it's a sad experience or is it?  I guess I don't know enough about your storyline to make any kind of a judgment call.

I'd like to know more about bubbles, buttercup, and blossom, it might be a good rivalry/collab.  I like the cohesion of the characters. 

thanks for the fanfic I enjoyed it thus far, I'd like to see much more.
Nerves what nerves.
What would fresh ensign going behind her mothers back to help plan a surprise party for her mother have to be nervous about?
1) She is helping family friends that her mother has clearly been avoiding for awhile.
2) Her Mother is Vulcan (raised on earth by adoptive human parents from a VERY young age.)
3) Her mother is turning 100 doesn't want to make a big deal about it.

----- some other bits -----

The Academy mention while run with the help Star Fleet is not "the" SF Academy. It's a branch of it designed to help the ever growing liberated borg population a way to join star fleet that also takes the extended abilities into account every step of the way.
Most of the people in this piece are from the first graduating class of the Academy.

Bubbles, Buttercup, and Blossom are sisters that were both assimilated and freed young (were borg between the ages of 6-15)
Henry Hugh is of no relation to the Hugh from cannon.
I"m enjoying your story. I hope there's more to it as the beginning is ominous and interesting! YOur characters are interesting, and I'm hoping you'lltell us more about them as the story progresses.

More please?
I have been writing and working on the story for Prof Hugh and his Liberated family.
I just have a super lot running IRL right now.
Come December I'll be putting out a story piece a week.
Glad that you all are eager to see what's what.